Number of players at tables

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This post is about how many people should seat at a poker table. These are the types that exist: 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9

2 (heads up): The trickiest. You have to get in nearly every situation. Because it is a heads up, you have to understand that even big blind and small blind position has a special role. You need to be kind of aggressive, but noticing the red lights, you have to be able to fold, or controll the game not to lose so much chips when you not hitting the very best ones.
So aggressivity is very important (when the time goes on, it will be more), but in my opinion it's nice when you coulorize your game. If you made the other believe that you pushing so much, the other clearly cannot decide when you are made a huge success. Playing these kind of games calm can be cruel, cause more situations are u in, the more 'god-combination' can u hit. So seeing the flop is actually important here, then the cards will tell you the next step.

3 (spin and go, and qualification roads): The tricky. Position is important here as well. As a small blind you made the other under a little pressure. If the dealer raises it mostly it has a serious message behind it. The big blind is in a very comfortable situation. Here (instead of heads up) all-in can be more effective than raising. Heads up if u have great cards your aim will be make the other believe, here it is not so much important. Here try to get the pot as so much as you can, cause if you are leading you can take more risks till time goes on.

4: The family dinner. Imagine you are sitting in front of a table, filled up with the roasted chicken with rice and so much vegeatbles and a glass of pinot noir, You can smell it, you can taste it. 3 people are around you, long talks, little arguing. That is similar to this game style. No need to rush, but you can try everything that you want. 1 or 2 member will certainly join to you. It will be a slower one, but still gives you power to make yourself a winner of several occassions. It's nice to someone who prefers the notice and finding holes in the others tactics.

6: The friend's shake. You will have the most information about your enemies here. And why? Cause time and space are very close to each other. You have the space to acknwoledge the others, to getting in positions, and time to play the hands that you want and hit the combinations that you need. The atmosphera is warm. It's maybe the easiest way to improve your skills with&without any experiences.

8: Championship's table. Mostly used big rewards tournaments. And I can see it why. It is a little bit easier than the 9 players table which named the 'Standard one' in my dictionary :)
But. You will need patience to play these tables. To judge the book, you have to read the whole here. You can find every personal signs, so try to separate people. You'll need it. Don't run, cause you 'll mess up everything. Saying all-in can be cruel, you have 1:8 or 1:9 chance to win. And out of the 53 cards you own 18 or 16 so 1/3 deck is in your hands!! So many options you have to calculate. That's why an a-a can be easily paired with k-k and q-q and so on.. So be aware. But it is the standard one and the camphionship one so the biggest rewards will be there, and when a rush-hour is on, ps will serve you 8-9 person tables.

Summary: 2-3 if you can be aggressive and make pressure to the others
4-6 if you want to see lot of hands, and wants to know the enemy
8-9 if you want to play with patience and found a tournament which is nice rewarded.:cool:

WHAT do YOU Think?
Tell ME in your COMMENTS:nurse:

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"And out of the 53 cards you own 18 or 16 so 1/3 deck is in your hands"
sorry, a deck with 53 cards?, and I think Aces are very good in any type of table

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh, thanks. :) I will edit it to 52.
Aces are very good, i wanted to point out that there could be situations where you cannot avoid a huge raise. But these days at the lower levels people cannot see their chances cleary and easily say all-in facing themselves with monster hands, like aces. So when you're 8-9 player table, you are just not able to push it so much and give false hopes.

F

fordman427

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing heads up or 6 Max. Many more hands and a lot more play. However for tournaments I think 9 handed is where I play my best poker

M

maxi_j

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up most fun but less hands per hour (even recreational players becoming better faster).
6 max most action in higher stakes.
9 max less variance.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I like when a table of 6 players

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just a tournament player. The best tournament for me is when 8-9 players participate at the table, there are many opportunities to replay loose and aggressive players, especially players for whom the game is a hobby, and players who do not think or read special literature.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 6 or more. I feel it is easier to get reads on ranges with others folding their hands and seeing more betting styles.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Six or more seem best for me other wise players like to go all in all the time.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the short 6 person table. Just like the wider ranges and the aggressive nature of the format.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I would go to any table as long there is good poker being played.
Heads up being the trickiest of all.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at a table where 9 players, the more players, the more interesting.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best option is a 9-player table.

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a full table of 9 players. I believe the players play better. No all ins UTG etc. Someone is more apt to have a hand so there is less limping and more cautious play.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like a table for 6 or 9 players. These are the best options for me.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, to play cash I prefer 6max and to play tournaments 9.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play when the poker table 6 or 9 players, do not like to play when 2 or 3, boring

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-3 if you can be aggressive and make pressure to the others
4-6 if you want to see lot of hands, and wants to know the enemy
8-9 if you want to play with patience and found a tournament which is nice rewarded.

Exactly what I think, I like play 8-9 players because I am not very agressive. I like play short tables st late stages because I already know something about other players.

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
“The next best thing with Number of players at tables about gambling and winning is gambling and losing.”:D:boxing:
For tournaments I think 9 handed is where I play my best poker:bebored::marchmell

McFlySoHigh

McFlySoHigh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Prefer 6MAX for online MTTs, and 9 Hand Ring Games for live cash games.

The 6 seat provides a faster rate of action for online players, in addition to less villains and possible maniac moves when you are holding a playable hand.

9 Seat is preferred for live cash games simply due to the effect of the rake- which is a bankroll killer at the 1/3 level and certainly has an effect still on the 2/5 tables which I play.

Heads up I wouldn't touch online.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me 6 to 9 is optimal number of players at the table

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you everyone. :) We made a really good opinion about how the number of enemies can affect our game, and which is suitable for us. Really nice answers, good luck everyone at the tables. :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I do not like to play at the tables with six players; I like it more when there are 9 players at the table !!!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer when there are 9 players at the table. Other options are not for me.