Normal rake attributed compared to profit?

jomaaan

jomaaan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was looking at some stats on pt4 regarding the rake that I am paying. I made a profit of 34$. During that time I also payed 26$ rake. I am winning around 55BB/100 hands and I have played 3000 hands (1ct/2ct) during that time. At 5ct/10ct I made 26$ profit and paid 20$ rake. Is this normal for a winning player or should I play less hands because my rake is too high?

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rake is ridiculously high at micro-stakes. There is not much to be done about it, unfortunately, except to move up in stakes where the overall rake is less of a percentage of what you are winning.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've been playing $2 NLHE recently at pokerstars and Sports Betting (Bet OnLine) to take advantage of promotions. There is a big difference in rake. Both are 5%, but PS rounds down and it's capped. At SB, they round up (!) and it's UNCAPPED!!

If the rates are similar at $10, you are definitely better off at PS.

As for how good your performance has been, you're making profit and it's exceeding the 5% (or less) rake at $2 and $10. So I'd say that's good. A lot of micro hands (especially Zoom) consist of picking up the blinds preflop ($.01-.03) and not paying rake.