Not open for further replies.
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All,

We've decided, for numerous reasons, not to allow any more staking threads. The four that are running at the moment (storms, estelle, Jim, joose) will be allowed to continue, so feel free to continue posting in these, but any new threads asking for stakes, or offering deals or suchlike will be removed.

Cardschat is a forum for social and poker-related discussion. We are not, and most likely never will be a 'staking' forum. If you want to arrange deals outside the forum, that is of course your choice (and I would certainly assert that nobody should be trusting anyone with money who they don't talk to outside the forum on at least a semi-regular basis, heh), but allowing the staking threads appears to have been unpopular based on some feedback we've received, and we don't want to get in a position where they are 'taking over' the forum. There's also issues regarding potential scammings and misunderstandings that we would rather not have to mediate, especially if dozens of the things start running.

I'll leave this thread open for a while, but would prefer it if we got feedback via PM.

Cheers

~ Chris

(for and on behalf of Sir Nicholas of Manchester)

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curiously,I see no mention of BBBs offer in there.

F

Figment6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey, you missed your own offer too!
It's nice to know what you finally look like. By the way, I'd like to purchase your strong back. We're still packing up our home for remodeling. ;)

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, i dont want to step on any toes. feel free to close mine if you feel it was out of line.

the only reason i even posted it was because i had gotten some positive input about doing that.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey, i dont want to step on any toes. feel free to close mine if you feel it was out of line.

the only reason i even posted it was because i had gotten some positive input about doing that.

I think you'd be a perfect candidate for backers. From what I've witnessed, deep money finishes, always near FT, that's best type of player for backers.

I should probably be posting this in your thread huh, instead of trying to get people to make dirty comments about "owning a piece of joose."

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This would be a perfect excuse for everyone to start their own blogs. A great place reach out to potential stakers and to share some poker tips with the rest of us. I try to read all the CCer's blogs that I know about.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

I started all this so im sorry if I caused a problem here with them.

hott_estelle

hott_estelle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started all this so im sorry if I caused a problem here with them.

Don't worry storms, if you hadn't done it I would have posted a similar thread a few days later, so it would have happened no matter what.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I put mine in the loyalers section because I believe thats where it should go (if anywhere). I don't see the problem with that but I do see how it could get way out of control in the general boards.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess he didn't include mine because he didn't think I couldn't finish 4th or worse.:D

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually don't see anything wrong with the staking threads. Buying a piece of a player is a long standing time honored part of poker all over the world. There are some very good players on here with good solid records and if they want to sell a piece of themselves and others want to throw them a little bit of money for the additional thrill of someone elses game I don't see anything wrong with it. The threads that I've seen are from good solid long term members with a good track record.

I'm sure there could be a potential problem with unknow people trying to get money but I doubt if anyone would give money to someone they don't know anyway.

Staking is and always will be a part of poker. I think it adds to the whole experience for those that wish to participate. As for those that had complaints, they can just ignore the thread and not participate if they don't like it.

Perhaps if it were limited to the loyalers area or something.

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure there could be a potential problem with unknow people trying to get money but I doubt if anyone would give money to someone they don't know anyway.

Perhaps if it were limited to the loyalers area or something.

welp im out then lol.

I do agree with the admins ruling on this for the simple fact that it will become a problem if a crapload of new people start threads. Of course we would never give them money but the amount of threads we would get here would be so much it would turn the forum into spam central.

when I made the thread I really didnt take that into concideration and I really should of. 4 of them popped up within a day of me doing mine and I think admin saw a trend they did not want to see continue from none valued members and put a end to it before it got out of control.

Status
Not open for further replies.