Status
Not open for further replies.
vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya. Quads of K's or higher getting beat, with both hole cards being used by both players involved in the hand. Happens every day. Why, just last week I won 5 bad beat jackpots myself. Move along now, nothing to see here...;)

yea i mean there's no such thing as variance or coincidence

odinscott

odinscott

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It would have to be in this case. How could the guy control the cards to both - give him quads AND give the other guy a royal. TWICE!! lolz!!

mavss14

mavss14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what a joke this site is...Ub is def rigged after seeing this, thanks for the info though:icon_sant

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sure, why don't you repeat that a couple more thousand times so I believe it. Worked on you, right?

G

gembob13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think UB claims to use some sort of actual thermal device to truly randomize the way the deck is shuffeled and the cards are dealt, as opposed to psuedo RNG's on some sites. If this is true I think it would be genuinely impossible to predict the cards to come, but I'm not positive....

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ya. Quads of K's or higher getting beat, with both hole cards being used by both players involved in the hand. Happens every day. Why, just last week I won 5 bad beat jackpots myself. Move along now, nothing to see here...;)

a) uh, it does happen every day
b) and i guess you think nobody ever wins the lottery either, genius
c) you suck

bubba24

bubba24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You people are funny!
Wish I hit it even once.

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a) uh, it does happen every day
b) and i guess you think nobody ever wins the lottery either, genius
c) you suck

b) Yeah, well someone wins the lottery twice in a month I'll be suspicious of that too. Ok with you, Einstein?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he is the luckiest unlucky player ever imo

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
b) Yeah, well someone wins the lottery twice in a month I'll be suspicious of that too. Ok with you, Einstein?

this would only make sense if the chance of a frequent poker player winning a bad beat jackpot were even close to as small as the chances of someone who plays every week winning the lottery. that's the whole point

winning a bad beat jackpot twice is much more comparable to winning the lottery once. and people win the lottery. did i break that down in terms you understand?

CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
head_scratch.gif

DaFrench1

DaFrench1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this would only make sense if the chance of a frequent poker player winning a bad beat jackpot were even close to as small as the chances of someone who plays every week winning the lottery. that's the whole point

winning a bad beat jackpot twice is much more comparable to winning the lottery once. and people win the lottery. did i break that down in terms you understand?

Ever heard of money laundering? or do I need to break that down into terms you understand?

Anyway, you know what. Just forget about it. It's coincidence and variance, OK?

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wasnt dafench1 the same guy who kept trying to argue that online poker was rigged?

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is hardly impossible, like wow madness astronomical odds, but is it weird how it doesnt surprise me at all?

Ive played UB with 2 $100 deposits, both unsuccesful but thats not the point - the point is there are like maybe 500 jackpot players, playing 24/7, all getting delt 2 cards over and over. This dude was obviously a regular, so like what 50+ hrs a week at least prolly, playing maybe 6+ tables.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahem. I thought almost everyone on CC was a microstakes player. Considering that the BB jackpot tables start at a micro level, I dunno why anyone would be especially shocked by weirdness. Weird hands happen every day when folks are playing for cheap.

I think that if everyone at the table has the "logic" of the bad beat jackpot in their heads, that it shouldn't be too incredibly difficult(time consuming and tedious? yes. difficult? no) to be at a bad beat jackpot table where someone wins. But I imagine it's quite an unusual sensation to be disappointed when you win a hand :p.

Anyway, at UB the jackpot's split between everyone playing at that level with the most going to the "sufferer" of the bad beat. After that it's the actual winner of the hand. Then the table. Then the level. Then UB takes a percentage of the jackpot to use as seed money to start the jackpot all over again. It wouldn't suck to just keep playing if you can afford to. Good chance of boosting your BR just sitting there.

Oh but you have to be actively playing and not sitting out. Anyone who loses with quad 8's or better wins the jackpot and that happens at regular tables too so it sure would be nice to get paid to lose for a change. Ah heck, that's the allure.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ahem. I thought almost everyone on CC was a microstakes player. Considering that the BB jackpot tables start at a micro level, I dunno why anyone would be especially shocked by weirdness. Weird hands happen every day when folks are playing for cheap.

I think that if everyone at the table has the "logic" of the bad beat jackpot in their heads, that it shouldn't be too incredibly difficult(time consuming and tedious? yes. difficult? no) to be at a bad beat jackpot table where someone wins. But I imagine it's quite an unusual sensation to be disappointed when you win a hand :p.

Anyway, at Ultimatebet the jackpot's split between everyone playing at that level with the most going to the "sufferer" of the bad beat. After that it's the actual winner of the hand. Then the table. Then the level. Then UB takes a percentage of the jackpot to use as seed money to start the jackpot all over again. It wouldn't suck to just keep playing if you can afford to. Good chance of boosting your BR just sitting there.

Oh but you have to be actively playing and not sitting out. Anyone who loses with quad 8's or better wins the jackpot and that happens at regular tables too so it sure would be nice to get paid to lose for a change. Ah heck, that's the allure.

excellent use of the word 'allure'

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to mention the fact that there are two instances where major lotteries were won consecutively.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lotteries are rigged imo

edit: i think this looks more suspicious than a lot of you are making it out to be actually (if only for the fact that it's Ultimatebet). the odds of this really are astronomical, and with UB's track record I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were an 'inside job'. i'm about 50/50 on it without thinking too much.

Last edited:
blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can certainly entertain the possibility that there's something fishy about this given its UB, but i just think dafrench and whoever else who are acting like this could never happen legitimately are being irrational. i don't have a problem with a 50/50 figure

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, essentially anyone who is saying "THIS 100% MAKES IT RIGGED" or "dude it's 100% not rigged and just coincidence" are being pretty much equally silly.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
LORD OF THE FLIES imo

bustermoves

bustermoves

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya know, if he were to hit it a 3rd time,in a short time period,that might be cause for alarm.twice,just call it incredible luck.3 times ,theres something fishy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.