NEWS: Poker Players Call For Coke Boycott After Frist Ad

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea but Coke is lovely with Southern Comfort.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that commercial is just plain stupid, { coke brings ppl from different sides together, bollocks}
but just because Frist is in a coke ad, we must boycott coke?? thats just taking it too far and quite rediculous

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
o well i cant beleive the couple guys from that forum are that deep into it....i dont think a commercial for a beverage could change poker through the government....btw i like pepsi better....but for mixed drinks coke is best ;)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My local supermarket does a two litre bottle of cola for about 18p, so that's roughly 35c? I can't even buy a stupid little can of Coke for that. If I'm going to pay a rip-off price for a fizzy drink then I'm going to drink it neat (and it would probably be Pepsi)

I certainly wouldn't ruin Southern Comfort by putting cola with it, but I do sometimes have dark rum with cola, and I do know that I can't tell whether it's Coke or Pepsi due to the strong flavour of the dark rum :)

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually, try a Jim Beam and Pepsi sometime and you will see the reason that Coke is such a fine mixer!!;)
American alcoholic drinks tend to be more expensive here, and as Engand is right next door to the real home of whisky there doesn't seem to be much point. Also if I was going to mix whisky with anything it would probably only be water... ;)

1nickthegreek

1nickthegreek

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
American alcoholic drinks tend to be more expensive here, and as Engand is right next door to the real home of whisky there doesn't seem to be much point. Also if I was going to mix whisky with anything it would probably only be water... ;)
Agreed, I would much prefer a glass of Jameson 1780 neat over any of the junk whiskeys out there.:p

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed, I would much prefer a glass of Jameson 1780 neat over any of the junk whiskeys out there.:p
:D
Do they actually do single malt on that side of the Atlantic, or is it all blended?

Actually, going on topic for the first time (for me) in this thread, it's a pity your poker lobby isn't as strong over there as your gun lobby seems to be...

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only put ice in my whiskey....and coke up my nose. but back to topic..... Frist is a jackass, but I don't see how boycotting Coca-Cola would help poker or make a statement signifying our dislike for what Frist stands or pushes for politically.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all love poker here but common......I doubt enough people would boycott coke to make it worth it.

Oh and nice topic, started with boycotting coke, the rest was alcohol :p

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer mixing alcohol with women

Yumboltking

Yumboltking

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
LMAO

Just checked, Wicked Pokers News just edited their story to include you guys and your alcohol debate. Quote:

"We like these guys. Get your alcoholic on at the CardsChat.com thread here." ;)

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked, Wicked Pokers News just edited their story to include you guys and your alcohol debate. Quote:

"We like these guys. Get your alcoholic on at the CardsChat.com thread here." ;)
UPDATE: While the 2p2-ers debate a boycott of Coke because of some Super Bowl commercial, the guys over at CardsChat.com quickly turned the debate into whether Coke or Pepsi is better with the hard stuff. We like these guys. Get your alcoholic on over at the CardsChat.com thread here
this quote from that same site

free publicity :)
well done yumboltking

Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this quote from that same site

free publicity :)
well done yumboltking

Oh yeah, free publicity. Listen I don't mind being known as a site full of alcoholics but once some of these people see all the sausages hanging out all over the place, we're screwed.

:p

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would alcoholics really bother watering spirits down with fizzy pop? :D

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah, free publicity. Listen I don't mind being known as a site full of alcoholics but once some of these people see all the sausages hanging out all over the place, we're screwed.

:p
its not only the sausages that have us screwed, its all those ppl who feel they are aliengeniuses and dinosaurs :rolleyes:

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
now with all the talk of boycotting coke, i come to this question,
is it really necessary to go thru all of that just cause of 1 commercial featuring some u dont like?, my answer is NO