Newbie With a 12.5M GTD Ticket, Need Your Help.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really want to thank you very much for all of you who have taken the time to express what you think, it is really helping me a lot.

Hugh blair, I'm reading your experience and it's a great post, like you and almost every other player who posted, I need to take it easy, just in the emotional way, try to enjoy, learn and focus on my goal. (Get at least the minimum prize, but honestly, as neptun said, at the end of the day, the ticked was just for $ 4, and yeah, someone said will be an amazing experience!
I was forgetting all that worried about study a lot this next 9 days before the tourney... but, its not a ton of time, so the best can i do is study and play the way im doing, plus the motivation of get something, if not, it doesnt affect anything in my life or my game.

The day i won the ticket i literally stopped playing or reading or anything about poker afte rwinning iit, just worried about what i need to do frist to be competitive, but yeah, its not rocket science, its skill, its something that i cant grow in just 10 days, so i will take your advies, like next ones, i will write in order i remember them, and they really make my mind thing different, more stable, realistic and honest with myself, that is giving me much more confidence to play the SM.

well i will do this, if i forgot something let me know, please, all your comments are really appreciated, various of you have a different way of think than me... and that just make me being in a more stable, focused and realistic state of mind, that is a godsend.

Well, i will start doing this ^^, after not worry about being the worst of the players, i can freely:

1. Play SnG of 9 players (i guess the 50/50 are not the best option becouse is a distinct format than a table in mTT, but, its the game that i enojy from SnG, and half will be 50/50 games)

2. Play deepstack tournaments with the only aim to get the 1 place, and see what it happens, and if i even didnt get any 1st place, i will get something valuavle learning to take serious my game even if the buy in is $1

3. Enjoy the fact that i have a very preciated, and enjoy the greates tournament i will play in a long time, or ever.

4. Have 2 computers, and be sure that i will not loose my internet connection.

5. Study about the pot, the ranges, and things that i understand but i didnt apply to my game yet.

Take care of my healt and well being at the moment and before, but... honestly im not good at doing excercise, but i love unhealthly habits lol, i will be softer with my body and sleep nice, mainly i have a terrible sleep patterns, and find myself (feeling normal at the moment) falling asleep in my keyboard, i dont want that in the game lol.

I maybe forgot few ones, but really, thank you so much, you are so kind persons that i need to learn a lot from you, and im doing.

Really, thanks, again, to everyone words, and the congrats! :D

I will check this thread daily to see any new answer ^^and i will let you know for sure what happened at the end! even if its a shame for me and didnt reach the level 2 hahaha

Wishme luck my friends ^^ and if you have something more to share, or havent posted your opinon here, you are more than welcome.

Bless for you lal :D

Last edited by a moderator:
deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on the achievement. This is definitely not the only big tournament you will be doing, so just enjoy and play what you’ve already been playing on your sit and go. There will be many regular and recreational players, so be patient that good hands always come. Good luck and don't worry if you don't make it to the ITM, because many regular and professional players won't make it. Don't forget to tell us how it went. GL