Newbie With a 12.5M GTD Ticket, Need Your Help.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, today i was playing at PS, started doing the missions to get tickets for a Sunday Million 12.5M Gtd. ticket, one of that missions, was play 7 spin&go, so, i paid and lost a $0.25 one, and i see that the mision didnt progress, i didnt understood, i was about to play another $0.25 and i see a $4 Spin&Go with the Sunday Million logo, so, i tough i need to play 7 of that ones, then i paid one of them.

The Spin&Go started and the multiplier showed a ticket $215 value to the Sunday Million, I didnt get so much emotions, i really was thinking that was a ticket for a satellite, not to the tourney... and, i played so calmed, stealed few chips, and finally won the ticket, and i read a congratulations message saying i was registered to Sunday Million 12.5M Gtd. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was like... oh, okay, nice.... but... i have never thinked about play a tournament of 3 days, or more than $20 buy in...

PS congrats message said that i cant sell or anything my ticket, and if i got other one, it will automatically converted to $215 cash money.

And im here, a rookie not winning yet player, with so much better results than 9 months ago, when i started to sporadically study and play poker "seriously", my game really get tons better last 1 or 2 months, I started playing almost daily and reading or hearing other players lessons daily.

So, god, im not prepared to this lol, and i really will be so happy and motivated to continue if i get something from this ticket... at least few hours of learning, but i dont wanna be waiting the day of the tourney and being kicked at the first or second hour... I dont want to drop to trash this ticket, becouse i know that so much ppl is even doing satellites or missions to maybe get one... and I got it at my first oportunity in a very strange and random situation, easy asf.

So, im asking for your opinions, recommendations, or anything that you need to say me.

I started seen few hands of the last year SundayMillion and i see is a like deepstack slow tournament, and im much more a Sit n Go player, Turbo, low stakes, zoom, etc...

What do you will do if was in my place? Im sure that all of you, much more experienced, know much better what will start doing before the tourney, i have 11 days... and i havent still integrated HUD to my game (cuz i play mainly at party poker), i even didnt have studied range of hands, i understand it, but still cant think about that when im playing with a 15 seconds counter, even with one min., maybe my interpretation of ranges will be bad, im a real noob in this game and if i aspire to do something more than burn my ticket, i need to know what im doing, or at least, understand part of the concepts that 99% of other players at that tournament have well integrated to their games.

So, what you will do in my place?

Im from mexico, and dont use google translator, so i hope that my post is well written. I will thank you every word that takes your time to answer me.

Bless and Good Luck for all!!!;););)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats and satellite entry was a good move well done,
Just have fun enjoy the game if I was to play that game realistically with the amount of players in it and the law of large numbers I would not be to excited about it and just assume the buy in for it is lost already before even started to play to avoid disappointment on the day,
I would aim for and be happy with a min cash first then go from there.
Here is 44 milly games I played a year or two ago before they changed to a two day event making it impossible to play due to my Monday working schedule if looking for tips on what not to do.:hahaha:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...combat-odds-385907/?highlight=combat+the+odds
But you never know right somebody has to win big prove me wrong go out there win it good luck.:top:

Last edited:
B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, congratulations on winning this ticket, if you know the cards and their functionality do not be afraid,
opens with values ​​and good luck

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to read as much as you can on poker and enjoy the tournament. It will be a once in a lifetime experience. BIG CONGRATS ��

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the ticket. Must be a great feeling but like expressed above, just have fun with it and don't stress about whether or not you are making the right move in any particular spots just take a breath and go with what your gut tells you is the right move and so be it. GL gl

BlackIce

BlackIce

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow congrats , I would tell you go play sit and go’s , table of nine and just play your cards ,positions and get a feel of how other people think and play. Playing final table is a whole different story and takes practice and hundreds of other lessons but sit and go’s with nine will get you the feel of both early and late game .
Good luck .

D

DIANTA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations. If I were you I would do:

- be sure you have a reliable internet connection
- use all given time at the table for better decision
- be sure your bet-sizing is ok for this level (you told about $20 BI max)
- pay as more as possible attention to bubble stage in your strategy to be ready
- try to play for practice the most similar formats (long blinds)
- learn a little more how to stay patient (you will have time at the table to make better decision)

Good luck, and hope to hear a good story from you after the victory.
PS. One more I forgot:
- be ready for a FT deal:)

ribbybruno

ribbybruno

Skadoosh!!
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great job on the ticket! Well done!

Practice on PS whenever you have time before the tournament.

Watch some big stakes on TV, DVR or Internet.

Pick your spots and focus! Time bank for tough decisions.

Exercise and stretch before tournament. Blueberries!

Enjoy the game and play hard!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
So, what you will do in my place?

Bless and Good Luck for all!!!;););)

great job.
congratulations on receiving such a coveted ticket!
I don't know what to advise, I have no experience in such tournaments, but I wish you good luck at the tables! :)
be patient and don't push any ace highs. wait for a strong hand, it will come, and then you will extend your tournament life.:p

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, everything is really simple!you somehow won your ticket for 215.And I can see that it was not difficult for you.Or do you think that luck was in your hands?We've been in these situations before.And I will tell you honestly that knowledge alone is not enough here-you need experience.And don't be afraid!You've been given a ticket, so use it wisely.It's a long way to go no hurry-think about each hand about the discarded cards about the winning combinations study the players at the table-in general, play.Good luck to you friend!Set goals and win!

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
nice one Congrats

sell some shares, good luck

E

elpolloloco95

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats thats an amazing accomplishment
Its probably easy to say but Play ur regular Game
I wish you the best of luck

W

weerabmc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow these are the kind of story's I like to hear. Really wish you the best of luck and would love a fairytale ending for you. I'm not as experienced as a lot of players on here to give advice. But please post and let us know how you have done and enjoy the experience.

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play solid. Have game plan on every break. Be cool and may the flop be with you. Good luck at the table

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Try to play the same way you did when you won the ticket! Enjoy the experience of a great tournament! Maybe you will make a beautiful figure and tell us a great story from there next time! Be calm and don't throw yourself on any hand, choose the right cards to go ahead. Good luck man! Bravo!

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
First congratulations enjoy the moment, play it adjusted to see if you get paid if you do not have the experience hahaha congratulations :D

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A chance to win life-changing cash comes rarely,,,,take it,enjoy it,,you will atleast be richer in experience. :deal: Now go win it!! $$$ :star:$$$

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there's a little time for that, so try to learn poker if you are not confident with your knowledge. Maybe watch some videos poker pros & great poker players playing early-mid-late stages, and definitely some how positions, stack sizes can influence each parties, and how to play out xy hands from xy positions with xy blinds - so the ranges too.

This is a very great looking opportunity, but there will be Thousands of people there, so there will be so much effort to even reach the min cash for you, but as the guys said, try to enjoy it, and play poker to be able to be proud ofyourself, no matter the outcome will be.
Good luck. :)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Congratulations. This is a good chance !!! Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in such tournaments to give you some advice on how to play, so I have only one advice from me - just enjoy the game !!! Good luck !!!

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Super! The main thing is not to be afraid of anything, but at the same time play with concentration, and, as noted above, with confidence. Aim only for the first place and your luck will be with you ;) Good luck!

D

DeanTheJoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on qualifying. I can’t give you a lot of advice as although I wouldn’t say I’m a rookie I’ve never played a tournament that big.

Similar thing happened to me last night - I’d entered a $2 satelitte on my phone last night to kill some time without knowing what the tournament was for - I got one of the seats and it automatically fired up another tournament. I realised I’d been entered for another satelittle - still didn’t know what it was for but knew I had to be in top 20. Nearly 3 hours later I was folding AK as I was in 15th place out of 22 - I didn’t want to bubble and knowing how brutal PS can be felt that was the best play.

Anyway eventually made it and then find I’ve qualified for the SM anniversary which would have been $215 buy in. I’m really not prepared for it and I certainly didn’t know it was over a couple of days :) nice dilemma to have and I will be searching the forums for tips.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congratulations for the ticket. I myself am also micro player so can't help with game related advice but try to keep your mind calm. Is is big tournament (much bigger than your current level) and the thought of the big prizes can make you play scared. This is something that you should try to avoid. Just try to play your best game as you do with 5$ MTT for example. This is big field tournament so variance will play big role and there is good chance many of the players to not be as good as you can think for that big buyin. Be calm, play solid poker, wait for good moments and do not be afraid to bet with good hands. The rest is in the hands of God, variance, luck or however you call it. After all you invested just 4$ so if you just get to the money it will be huge win. If not - well you just lost 4$. Good luck. :)

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tin ... I congratulate you !!! I hope you will be just as lucky in this expensive tournament !!! Good luck to you !!!

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play scared ! have fun and just play the game:)