New Poker Variant I Made

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys. I thought it would be fun if we all come up with new poker variants and then try each other's games out.

Here is mine. I lazily named it Toronto Hold'It lol.

1) Each player is dealt 2 hole cards. Blinds are as usual in holdem, position is fixed.

2) 1st round of betting begins

3) a 3rd hole card is dealt to each player

4) Still deciding if another betting round should be done here.

5) if not the flop is dealt. 3 cards.

6) another round of betting

7) This is what makes the game really different: Each player chooses one card to reveal from their hand and the turn is dealt. Startegy may include showing a card that makes it seem like you have a draw. Or showing a card that discredits your opponent's bluffs. Or you can show a pair and take it right there.

7.5) alternatively the turn is revealed and the players, one at a time, reveal one card each, and then bet, then it goes clockwise and the next person reveals a card and bets. This way positional advantage is hugely amplified.

8) turn and river proceed as in holdem with a betting round for each.

Any thoughts? One issue is that when lots of players are playing community cards and upcards don't mix too well as too much information can be revealed. I'm thinking of using a 2 card flop instead of 3. But the fact you get to choose which card you show and that the players can show them one at a time kind of balances this out.

Lots of interesting mind games possible just based on which card you choose to reveal. Haven't tested it out for more than a few hands though.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. It's not too bad! Write in support of the Poker Room, may be interested.

I like poker with open cards! I think the future is his.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought would be crazy till I read it. Actually sounds fun. I would play.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check out my variant:

Each player is dealt 1 card
First round of betting

Each player is dealt second card
Second round of betting

Just as in holdem flop, turn and river are dealt, with betting rounds after each

And now what makes my variant really different: after the last betting round, pants are dropped; the guy with the largest penis wins.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check out my variant:

Each player is dealt 1 card
First round of betting

Each player is dealt second card
Second round of betting

Just as in holdem flop, turn and river are dealt, with betting rounds after each

And now what makes my variant really different: after the last betting round, pants are dropped; the guy with the largest penis wins.
[emoji23]

There's a flop joke waiting to be made here.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given the range of games that are available to players right now, I don't think your version will interest anyone.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sounds like fun, I would play. Pokerstars always have something new, maybe yours won be next.

T

tymons_87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have planty of new ones on pokerstars eaven with superpowers that you can activ and add some goods ... that enough for me

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys. I thought it would be fun if we all come up with new poker variants and then try each other's games out.

Here is mine. I lazily named it Toronto Hold'It lol.

1) Each player is dealt 2 hole cards. Blinds are as usual in holdem, position is fixed.

2) 1st round of betting begins

3) a 3rd hole card is dealt to each player

4) Still deciding if another betting round should be done here.

5) if not the flop is dealt. 3 cards.

6) another round of betting

7) This is what makes the game really different: Each player chooses one card to reveal from their hand and the turn is dealt. Startegy may include showing a card that makes it seem like you have a draw. Or showing a card that discredits your opponent's bluffs. Or you can show a pair and take it right there.

7.5) alternatively the turn is revealed and the players, one at a time, reveal one card each, and then bet, then it goes clockwise and the next person reveals a card and bets. This way positional advantage is hugely amplified.

8) turn and river proceed as in holdem with a betting round for each.

Any thoughts? One issue is that when lots of players are playing community cards and upcards don't mix too well as too much information can be revealed. I'm thinking of using a 2 card flop instead of 3. But the fact you get to choose which card you show and that the players can show them one at a time kind of balances this out.

Lots of interesting mind games possible just based on which card you choose to reveal. Haven't tested it out for more than a few hands though.
I love it! It sounds a lot like Texas Holdem meets 7 cards showdown! :D

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it! It sounds a lot like Texas Holdem meets 7 cards showdown! :D

Sweet, glad to hear you like it :)

If you ever test it out let me know how it goes!

I'm playing around with the idea of having draw elements as well, kind of like swap holdem where you can exchange a certain number of your cards at any time.

Swap holdem is a super fun game on stars btw if you haven't tried it yet

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sweet, glad to hear you like it :)

If you ever test it out let me know how it goes!

I'm playing around with the idea of having draw elements as well, kind of like swap holdem where you can exchange a certain number of your cards at any time.

Swap holdem is a super fun game on stars btw if you haven't tried it yet
No, I never played swap Holdem sounds fun! I cant play PokerStars im from the U.S.

ventrolloquist

ventrolloquist

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aw bummer. I'm on the same boat, there's playchip swap but understandably it's ridiculous with so many stations (though the 1c/2c games aren't too far behind in terms of lunacy lol.