New poker game rules: share your ideas!

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From the first poker game till now, poker has been evolving constantly. Do you have an outstanding idea for a new poker variety:cool:? What is it called, and what are the rules :deal:? Did you try it with friends, and what did they think about it:joyman:?
If a complete new game is to far fetched for you idea, is there anything you would change in the game you play mostly at the moment:confused:?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a thread some time ago about new poker variance with 2 cards flop two cards turn and one card river. Or was it 2 1 2. Dont remember. But it would be certainly fun to try some time.

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a thread some time ago about new poker variance with 2 cards flop two cards turn and one card river. Or was it 2 1 2. Dont remember. But it would be certainly fun to try some time.
With a live tournament with friends it could be worth a try.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in online poker, I would ban programs that read the opponent.Learn to see the situation in the game not by numbers but by understanding the outcome of the event at the table.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I would not like to change anything. I have accounts on 5 different sites, and the range of tournaments available to me is more than enough. All the rules suit me perfectly and I don't see the point in changing anything.
Good luck.

Last edited:
MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm NLHE enthusiast, besides LHE, it is the only game played for money. Keep it the same, as it has been since early 1900's.

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
I would not like to change anything. I have accounts on 5 different sites, and the range of tournaments available to me is more than enough. All the rules suit me perfectly and I don't see the point in changing anything.
Good luck.

Hi Newzooozooo, what is the game you play the most?

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in online poker, I would ban programs that read the opponent.Learn to see the situation in the game not by numbers but by understanding the outcome of the event at the table.

Hi Sharipov, that would be a big pro for me too!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a live tournament with friends it could be worth a try.
Well there is already a poker variance called reverse Hold'em, with 1 1 3. But as for me its not enough action. So this variance i said is kind of in between. So who knows maybe its future top variance :cool:

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont know if it already exists but a poker variant that mixes both poker stud and holdem could be great. for example every player gets dealt 3 cards preflop ( 2 cards face down and 1 card face up), then the game is played exactly like holdem with a player on the button and then the small blind and big blind ( not like stud in which the lowest card player is forced to make a bet).. then the flop is dealt with only 2 community cards instead of 3... then the turn (1 card), and the river (1 card), and the player with the best hand using 2 or the 3 cards of their own in combination with the board cards wins the hand..... ( you cant just use 1 of your 3 cards just like omaha with the exception that you can use all your 3 cards to make the best hand)

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fruit salad: like crazy pineapple but you get 4 cards instead of 3. You give up one card on the flop and one card on the turn. Then it plays like holdem.

Omaha 321: 3 flops are dealt in a 3x3 array. 2 turns are dealt in a 2x2 array. One river card is dealt. You have to pick one of the 3 flops, one of the two turns and the river and make your best hand according to the regular Omaha 3 community plus 2 hole card rules.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything suits me in the rules of the game. I wouldn't change anything.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 card badugi: you get 3 cards and you can draw your cards max 3 times.

the board will show 3 cards and you need to use one of them making a hand

so A234 rainbow would be the nuts like regular badugi

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi.
Good luck.

All the changes to now is more than i can understand:eek:

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have omaha once briefly and liked it, but I was worried it might put me off my usual hold em game. Will deffo put same time into it further down the line.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely I rather keep playing the game oldskool.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not like to change anything in reality the game of Texas holdem without limits is perfect for me and the only ones who must change and evolve in the game are the players.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Everything suits me, especially on the PS)

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been playing with friends on new poker variants, made up versions where you still bet on 2 cards + flop/turn/river, but you have to choose from multiple sets.
It gets more detailed where the host gets the last pick, but they can choose anything that is not chosen

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if any poker room would allow to try some poker variance there!
I mean its certainly should not be too much of trouble. If we come up here with some really cool ideas i think they might.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I see new games from some poker rooms , especially PS , don't have that success , players stuck to the old well known and played games like NLH . I don't like changes to rules either , the games are fine the way they already are :)

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know if it already exists but a poker variant that mixes both poker stud and holdem could be great. for example every player gets dealt 3 cards preflop ( 2 cards face down and 1 card face up), then the game is played exactly like holdem with a player on the button and then the small blind and big blind ( not like stud in which the lowest card player is forced to make a bet).. then the flop is dealt with only 2 community cards instead of 3... then the turn (1 card), and the river (1 card), and the player with the best hand using 2 or the 3 cards of their own in combination with the board cards wins the hand..... ( you cant just use 1 of your 3 cards just like omaha with the exception that you can use all your 3 cards to make the best hand)
Do you have a name for this game, which souds very interesting by the way.

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wonder if any poker room would allow to try some poker variance there!
I mean its certainly should not be too much of trouble. If we come up here with some really cool ideas i think they might.
That would be really nice, I'll send a link to this thread to PS and 888. Who knows ...

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been playing with friends on new poker variants, made up versions where you still bet on 2 cards + flop/turn/river, but you have to choose from multiple sets.
It gets more detailed where the host gets the last pick, but they can choose anything that is not chosen
What do you mean with multiple sets, I ask because "set" has its meaning in poker.

Top 10 Games Poker Rules - Poker Games