My new poker discipline "Bluff-Proof"

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Total posts
Hi!
Tomorrow is my bd and for this occasion I want to share with you guys a piece of my bithday pie :birthday: (figuratively).

So, new poker discipline, what's it about?
For the basis we have the good old well known Texas Hold’em, without any changes. But the one additional rule applied:

Players, who win a pot without showdown, keep his two hole cards for the next deal, post 1bb at any giving position (non additional*) and will be unable to raise (only check, call or fold).

Further clarification:

Why Ww/oSD player can't raise?
- To prevent this rule from looping itself on the same player as well as same hole cards, which would be especially harmful in case of premium hand abuse.

Why 1bb exactly?
- Bet any bigger then 1bb will put unnecessary pressure on a Big Blind. And again, make looping impossible even if no one want to bet on his cards.

* - The "call ceiling" should always stay at 1bb.
Let's take a real quick look, 6max:
Player at BU Win without a ShowDown. On the following deal he will put 1bb at CO, along with other players at SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
CO Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at MP, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
MP Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at UTG, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
UTG Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at BB (not 1+1bb), SB 0.5bb. Рot = 1.5bb.
BB Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at SB (not 0.5+1bb), BB 1bb. Рot = 2bb.
SB Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at BU, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
If there was no Ww/oSD, the following deal plays as usual.

What the point of this?
This is what I actually want to learn from YOU. So far I can tell this little rule will shift balance greatly, in so many aspects that I struggle to see the whole picture myself.
That's why I ask you to share your thoughts about how it could change the classic holdem gameplay. Personally, for now I see it overall positive influence, adding more depth, variety and mind games.

Nicknames:
"Bluff-Proof", just like "Headhunter", sounds catchy and pretty much self-explanatory. I'd like to stick with that for now.
About that player, who keep his cards and posts 1bb extra next deal. I don't want to call him "3th blind" or "extra blind" because he won't make blind bet, he knew from the start that it can end up this way. But I couldn't come up with any better than call him "keeper", because he keeping his cards. Maybe "creeper"? Also make some sence. Jeeper creeper, hmm... Is it ©?
Everybody welcome to suggests their nicknames at the comments below :)

Also the three important unsetted moments:
1. Should we let a "keeper" to fold & muck his hand to a check? I think we shouldn't.
2. Maybe it would be better to apply my rule only to the postflop's wins without showdown and leave preflop stealing as it is?
3. For a player who stayed in a heads up with a "keeper" (BB and keeper - classic example), I think it would be prudent to make "check all" streets at ones option before showdown, since "keeper" can't choose other bet size than his opponent, so if it zero, than zero. Also it will create another layer of mind games.

OK, that's it for now. Look forward to read your thoughts and suggestions by tomorrow evening.
See yo, bye ;)

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Total posts
Nobody has thoughts yet!? What a surprise :laugh:

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Total posts
I wouldn't play this game with somebody else's money. Doesn't appeal to me at all. What's the point? Seems more like a party game than a serious variant of poker.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Total posts
Awards
Change anything from the normal practice and it can take a long time before it is accepted, most people do not like change in anything they do, they prefer to carry on with what is proved and works.
I would take a lot of convincing that something is better with changes made, like the saying goes "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

When the fun Stops, STOP!

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Total posts
Change anything from the normal practice and it can take a long time before it is accepted, most people do not like change in anything they do, they prefer to carry on with what is proved and works.
I would take a lot of convincing that something is better with changes made, like the saying goes "If it ain't broke, why fix it?"

But that what you mentioned is not "new thingy" fault, right?

Ok, I can throw you few leads of positive balancing changes to catch some interest.
- It will make a play with a maniac right next to you more bearable, so you don't need to quit a table right away. At least half of the time you'll be free of him.
- Overall it will teach you a better habbits of choosing your started hands. Basically it's a natural equivalent of "think twice", woven naturally into the core gameplay.

But I notice just now that the positive balancing changes might be not something moneybags intrested in. A high variance no-brainer hyper-turbo spin'n'go alike game would be more appealing for their interests.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Total posts
Hi!
Tomorrow is my bd and for this occasion I want to share with you guys a piece of my bithday pie :birthday: (figuratively).

So, new poker discipline, what's it about?
For the basis we have the good old well known Texas Hold’em, without any changes. But the one additional rule applied:

Players, who win a pot without showdown, keep his two hole cards for the next deal, post 1bb at any giving position (non additional*) and will be unable to raise (only check, call or fold).

Further clarification:

Why Ww/oSD player can't raise?
- To prevent this rule from looping itself on the same player as well as same hole cards, which would be especially harmful in case of premium hand abuse.

Why 1bb exactly?
- Bet any bigger then 1bb will put unnecessary pressure on a Big Blind. And again, make looping impossible even if no one want to bet on his cards.

* - The "call ceiling" should always stay at 1bb.
Let's take a real quick look, 6max:
Player at BU Win without a ShowDown. On the following deal he will put 1bb at CO, along with other players at SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
CO Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at MP, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
MP Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at UTG, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb. Рot = 2.5bb.
UTG Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at BB (not 1+1bb), SB 0.5bb. Рot = 1.5bb.
BB Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at SB (not 0.5+1bb), BB 1bb. Рot = 2bb.
SB Ww/oSD. He'll put 1bb at BU, SB 0.5bb and BB 1bb.Рot = 2.5bb.
If there was no Ww/oSD, the following deal plays as usual.

What the point of this?
This is what I actually want to learn from YOU. So far I can tell this little rule will shift balance greatly, in so many aspects that I struggle to see the whole picture myself.
That's why I ask you to share your thoughts about how it could change the classic holdem gameplay. Personally, for now I see it overall positive influence, adding more depth, variety and mind games.

Nicknames:
"Bluff-Proof", just like "Headhunter", sounds catchy and pretty much self-explanatory. I'd like to stick with that for now.
About that player, who keep his cards and posts 1bb extra next deal. I don't want to call him "3th blind" or "extra blind" because he won't make blind bet, he knew from the start that it can end up this way. But I couldn't come up with any better than call him "keeper", because he keeping his cards. Maybe "creeper"? Also make some sence. Jeeper creeper, hmm... Is it ©?
Everybody welcome to suggests their nicknames at the comments below :)

Also the three important unsetted moments:
1. Should we let a "keeper" to fold & muck his hand to a check? I think we shouldn't.
2. Maybe it would be better to apply my rule only to the postflop's wins without showdown and leave preflop stealing as it is?
3. For a player who stayed in a heads up with a "keeper" (BB and keeper - classic example), I think it would be prudent to make "check all" streets at ones option before showdown, since "keeper" can't choose other bet size than his opponent, so if it zero, than zero. Also it will create another layer of mind games.

OK, that's it for now. Look forward to read your thoughts and suggestions by tomorrow evening.
See yo, bye ;)

Premium hands will still be privileged, even if they can only call preflop, any raise is great for them, and from the flop they can bet and with a good % of continuing with those cards and winning.

killing_random

killing_random

Rock Star
Total posts
Premium hands will still be privileged, even if they can only call preflop, any raise is great for them, and from the flop they can bet and with a good % of continuing with those cards and winning.

No-no-no, not only at the preflop, "keeper" can't make a bet by himself at all.
When I said "he can't raise, only check or call" I didn't meant raises of opponent's bet exclusively.
When "keeper" want to put chips at the pot, he can only do it by calling but he can't bet by himself. If his opponent unwilling to make pot bigger, there's nothing he can do about it, until the next deal with a new hole cards.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Total posts
hello

happy birthday !!! and success with the gift you gave us !!!

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Total posts
It's very interest post. Write more next time. I like it!