My new laptop

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So my Toshiba Satellite that I bought 5-6 yrs ago finally crapped out, so I had to go out and buy a new one. I decided on the HP mini because I only used my laptop for poker/surfing the web.

The HP mini has 4x the amount of ram as my old Toshiba and it has 2x the size hard drive. It also only cost half the price ($320) as my old Toshiba.

I had to resize my tables to the minimum size and it was funny at first, but I am used to it now.

hp-mini-note-2133.jpg

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
looks super small man haha. i have a toshiba satelite that i bought last year. pretty nice computer but i HATE vista.

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude, I've never hear of anyone DOWNSIZING their screen for poker haha!

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha that laptop would b 2 small 4 me :)

I

intel21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would assume you only play 2 tables max on that?
I think 14" is optimal for play on the go.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I've played on a mini a bunch of times (Acer). Took awhile to get used to it but was okay.
I used to mostly play on a 15" laptop but now use a 17" and find it way better (fits 6tables tiled nicely).

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played on a mini a bunch of times (Acer). Took awhile to get used to it but was okay.
I used to mostly play on a 15" laptop but now use a 17" and find it way better (fits 6tables tiled nicely).

15" is what my toshiba is now..really can only tile 4 tables at a time because more than that is overcrowded.

really considering on getting a new 17" laptop or even a nicer 22" desktop..not for sure yet what i wanna do

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to hook my comp up to the 60" plasma in the PS VIP store. Only 269,000 VIP points to go...

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks super small man haha. i have a toshiba satelite that i bought last year. pretty nice computer but i HATE vista.

Do you have problems with your Toshiba overheating? I was constantly fighting with the thing, and it would get so hot.

I did spill a pint of iced tea on my keyboard the 2nd week I had the thing, so maybe that had something to do with it.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dude, I've never hear of anyone DOWNSIZING their screen for poker haha!

I bought it because it was way cheaper than a regular laptop, but also because I was running into problems playing too many tournaments at once. With a 10" laptop, this kinda forces me to play less.

Also I have been playing more cash lately, and I am only playing 2-4 tables of PLO at a time.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I shall call him.......mini me.

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this a joke? Honestly it sure seems like it..

If anything playing more tables on a bigger screen than playing less tables on a smaller screen wouldn't really effect or help your play to me..

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am about to get a new one and I am going to downsize - but not that much lol.

My current laptop is a 17' and I love it - but when I travel it is just too heavy. So will try to find a 15-16".

IcyBlueAce

IcyBlueAce

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

My current laptop is a 17' and I love it - but when I travel it is just too heavy. So will try to find a 15-16".

I plan to get two, one for travel/backup(in case my main PC breaks).

Going to use online database too for PT3 instead of one on one PC.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

my laptop is 15' and i wanna upgrade to a 17'..wanna just trade? lmao :cool:

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have problems with your Toshiba overheating? I was constantly fighting with the thing, and it would get so hot.

I did spill a pint of iced tea on my keyboard the 2nd week I had the thing, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Yes jordan i have huge problems with it overheating...i had no idea it could even get this hot...sometimes its so hot i literally cannot touch it or it will burn the shit outta me :mad: really pisses me off

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on your new 'puter...I adore the minis...great for traveling...I just shove it into my purse & off I go (so much better than lugging around a purse AND a laptop bag)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this a joke? Honestly it sure seems like it..

If anything playing more tables on a bigger screen than playing less tables on a smaller screen wouldn't really effect or help your play to me..

Yeah I figured making a fake thread about getting a new mini laptop would be funny.

B

BlackSmurfS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is small and nice.
You are a lucky boy .

:D:D

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They're nice for traveling imo, but too small for regular use. The cost isn't much less than a regular, cheap laptop like a hp or dell and you have to take into account that you'll need to buy an external cd-rom drive if you want to install programs, operating systems, etc. Not to mention the screen is something like ten inches. :eek:

Errant Dog

Errant Dog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that laptop looks optimal for some stealthy in-class poker.