New Blog Post - How Badly Do You Want It?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I took the time to read it. In my opinion it felf more like a diary than a blog. Writing great content takes practice too.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I took the time to read it. In my opinion it felf more like a diary than a blog. Writing great content takes practice too.

Thanks for your feedback. Do you think that is a good or a bad thing? What would you do differently?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Thanks for your feedback. Do you think that is a good or a bad thing? What would you do differently?
For me to read, and to find interesting a text that is written in diary form would require that I know and am interested in that person.

If the writer would already be a well known individual then that approach might work. But for anyone else who seeks to attract the interest of a wider audience one should learn how to captivate their readers within the first paragraph.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's a fairly good read.

You seem to be genuinely asking for some pointers, Matt, so here are a couple.

First, its a little padded - perhaps you could edit a little. People comprehend 'wanting' something, so the comparison of wanting a coffee is superfluous for example. The blogs I enjoy the most are those where someone drills to the point and keeps my attention. They also, if of a more personal nature tend to be concise and fairly short.

If this is going to be your poker musings as such - as you profess to having little ambition to go pro - I think it needs to be light and tight, something the average member here (recreational player) can relate to. If you ponder to deeply or long, then it tends to come across as poker expertise and I am not sure that is the tone you are going for.