New 6 Max seat names or Being Woke!

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently I was reminded how old school the seat names in poker are.

UTG -Under the Gun: Not the imagery new young woke poker players want.

The 6 max players have already adapted by starting with Low Jack instead of UTG but that just does not seem to convey the proper emotional situation of acting first.

So I propose we rework the seat names for modern times in six max.
Here are some ideas.

LJ in six max becomes ISG Instagram because you are showing everyone else what you are up to.

HJ becomes TW Tweet same as above but fewer viewers.

CO becomes RTW retweet because you are trying to steal someone else's steal

BTN becomes SLF Selfie because what is behind your raise is not important, just that you did it.

Please add your ideas and start using these names in your posts if you want to have some fun.

I hope I made you smile

;):D:heeeellll

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should have named this thread as "#hashtags for 6-max".

Love it! And a lot of it is true. Kudos!!

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
funny, small blind is "Facebook", because likes to lose money :D

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get so worried about a table position names. There is plenty of other stuff to worry about. Can you explain how being "woke" has anything to do with poker? Just a little curious ;)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't get so worried about a table position names. There is plenty of other stuff to worry about. Can you explain how being "woke" has anything to do with poker? Just a little curious ;)

Thank U 4 Responding.

UTG Under the Gun. HJ Hijack all names connected to violence.
Being woke refers to the new culture of rejecting the older cultures acceptance of using violence based references and other negative language. So a reference to having a gun pointed at you meaning first to act in poker is not the imagery a "woke" person would want to reflect.

My use of this is humorous in intent but has an element of truth to it as most good comedy bits do.

It is interesting that you would think I was worried about table names. After all I did call the first position instagram which I thought was a very obvious indicator as to the humor of the post.

:D:D