Negreanu's style

B

badia232323

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many of the speakers who answered to my last thread about limping disagree with me, they think that limping is not a good strategy! After having read their interventions, I figured out that they are either beginners or amateurs, because I was thinking like them when I was beginner: - Attacking all the time, raising all the time, almost never limp or check-call. I invite all of them to see how one of the best players in the word is playing, Daniel Negreanu, his play is completely based on limping, and then try to read his opponents on the flop and the turn and the river, depending of their abilities, of the size of their bet...
Another example is the best cash game in the world, high stakes poker, look at this game and you will see that too many strong players are limping, almost always 4 , 5 players in the shot, sometimes 8 players in the shot to see the flop, except if some aggressive players like Ivey or Dwan are there.
Limping with medium hands is the right way to play poker, simply because you need to be careful and avoid falling into traps...
Beginners doesn’t like to limp because they are not able to analyze what will going on after their limp, they prefer to raise or even to go all-in to avoid any headache!

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"If everyone disagrees with me, everyone is wrong."

G

gersom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use limping to get information about my opponents, to get strategies and read readings, and then treat each opponent specifically.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
In some tournament situations it can be OK to limp.

But you almost NEVER see it in cash games from a good player. I'm talking about open-limping mainly. Limping behind in late position can be a way to see a cheap flop sometimes with say Axs, Kxs, unsuited Broadways, some SC and the lowest PP (22-66).

I don't remember Daniel N. open-limping when he plays cash games like High Stakes Poker.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be ok in some games, especially low stakes live cash. Definitely not a big part of my strategy.

G

Giacominii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
limping is a bad habit!

Yes, in times a limp could help you, like limping a pair from SB just to induce the BB to steal or something like that.
But in general limping isn't a good strategy because people will just raise with good hands and you will ending up folding and you will lose your chips in the long run if you keep limping

Yes you can limp, just don't do it all the time, play smart.

R

Ramil155

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to consider the strategy of the game, again and again to revise the style of play many of the best players

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many of the speakers who answered to my last thread about limping disagree with me, they think that limping is not a good strategy! After having read their interventions, I figured out that they are either beginners or amateurs, because I was thinking like them when I was beginner: - Attacking all the time, raising all the time, almost never limp or check-call. I invite all of them to see how one of the best players in the word is playing, Daniel Negreanu, his play is completely based on limping, and then try to read his opponents on the flop and the turn and the river, depending of their abilities, of the size of their bet...
Another example is the best cash game in the world, high stakes poker, look at this game and you will see that too many strong players are limping, almost always 4 , 5 players in the shot, sometimes 8 players in the shot to see the flop, except if some aggressive players like Ivey or Dwan are there.
Limping with medium hands is the right way to play poker, simply because you need to be careful and avoid falling into traps...
Beginners doesn’t like to limp because they are not able to analyze what will going on after their limp, they prefer to raise or even to go all-in to avoid any headache!

What's your iQ dude? Smoking too much weed or something?
You're comparing Schampagne and a Table in your post. Red vs Fire... DO you get it?

Punsih the limper - it's the best game ever in online poker. This card game is about winning opponents stack of chips. The worst way to do that is to limp/check/call, specially having trash hands, you'll simply be giving away your stack. The best thing in this game is to bet with made hand, while your opponent limp/check/calls with outs.

Negreanu? Are you a fan or something? This guys is changing his style and image in the game 5 times per minute, while keeping his image of "friendly donk who is just lucky" to the players at the table. Got it? Image in the game vs image of the character? You might see a sexy blonde and fall into a stereotype that she's stupid, while she might have iQ twice higher than yours, and her game will be as clever as some sort of Artificial Intellect.

Limping is good in just one caase, if your're in UTG-EP and players behind you are really aggressive, so you're aiming for a preflop 3bet after your limp in order to increase pot size from the start. IF you're limping too often and let other limp - you will find yourself in situations where you finally hit that straight on the river, while your opponent hits a full house, just because you let him see flop for cheap and he used this opportunity to limp his 68os.

Also it's always better to make other players fold and just win the blinds with your preflop raise, instead of losing whole stack by limping mid pair and let your opponent hit 2pairs-straight-flush-quads on the flop. Cause you know... normally players on Small Blind fold hands like 25os to any preflop bet, and let's say you have a pair, like 88, you limp... flop comes 3 4 6. How you'll like it, genius? Will you prefer to hit your set on the river and call opponents all-in? It's will be a nice punishment of your stupidity, my dear "poker pro". GL there with your limps and with your poker gods from the TV screen.... their main job on TV is to make YOU deposit more money :D