Negative Thinking

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always had a positive when playing poker, thinking that the result would always favour me. No longer! I now look for a reasonable excuse to fold, if there is a possibility that I can be beaten, (probably what you guys have been doing all along)

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always had a positive when playing poker, thinking that the result would always favour me. No longer! I now look for a reasonable excuse to fold, if there is a possibility that I can be beaten, (probably what you guys have been doing all along)

Well that's a negative thought is because you reached your limit in poker is not bad but it is good to stop, because then you will think if you play poker again but you will acquire new skills such as patience or if not you will quit for good.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am always positive. But still my positive thinking does not allow me to play with junk. Positive thinking and vain hopes for a miracle have nothing in common. :)

F

findybaby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
jesusali1 I have never read so much male cow manure (B/S).You know nothing about my standard of play. Judging from your English I suggest you concentrate on i, rather than criticise other players with rubbish replies.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Benjamin Frankilin said that it's always better to be a pessimist, than an optimist.

Optimists are continually disappointed, because things never turn out as well as they expect.

Pessimists are always happy, because things never turn out as badly as they expect.

How's that for a philosophy?

hunterws

hunterws

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Mind over matter. We know the odds from hand to hand are unique, but when you get on a bad beat, you start to doubt yourself, even start questioning why you play.
Just remind yourself each hand is unique, and .... you're there to gamble ... lay down the bet.

I've found myself playing so conservative I lose and watching my winning hands go by as others play them. At times, I'll just lower my bets and take more chances and do well.

Find your happy medium between angst and enjoyment and you'll do fine.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always think positively, but nevertheless I also always wait patiently for strong cards. I think that first of all the player's patience testifies to his positive attitude to the game.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always tune in positively, otherwise I see no reason to sit down at the table to play! For me, poker is a hobby and it should be fun! Of course, there are times when only negative thoughts, but you need to somehow deal with them! Player discipline is the most important skill! Good luck at the tables!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Despite all the contrary circumstances during the development of poker games, I still have positive thoughts that one day I will be a great poker champion.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also sometimes have such a state, an obsessive thought that I am constantly beaten, that I am always unlucky. And I start to play very tight, but passively, and this leads to a loss. It is better at such moments to stop playing for at least a couple or three days.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're on the right road. No fold - no win.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
you should think that is only a game and you lose and win , it depend on you , if you play to make money 90% you will lose , but if you are relax playing the game eventually you will score a big one :)

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

But running away every time you see a possible unfavorable situation for your partner at hand, will make you bluff very often.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all,
I believe that positive is needed in any business, in poker I try to stay positive even when I lose

L

Luisma231

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello

My negative thought invades me when that batbeat appears on the river!!:joyman:

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try to think about the game a little differently. Not that; positive thinking is you will get lucky, and negative thinking is you will miss. Think of it like: if I play each hand correctly, I won't need much luck. Study some free content and learn the odds of hitting your cards or missing. And you can play positive and confident. Make right decisions every time and in long run you will win a lot.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If you are not positive about playing poker and you always think that if you play a hand you are going to lose it, you better not play poker because you will be very disappointed and you will never be a good player.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Our thinking must be positive, because psycology is a very important factor. We must start the game carefully and thinking positive. There will be up and down, but every time we fall down the most important is to rise again.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know what you mean. I try to think positive, but there are days that you always think you'll lose no matter the cards you have, specially after bad beats.

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello! :ciao:
There are black and white stripes. And that's fine. If you are so serious about this, it's a call that it's worth taking a break and then, with clear thoughts, go into battle again.:ridinghor

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker the mindset is to always think like a winner. Doesn’t mean you will win but have a game plan and stick to it. In the long run you will gain patience and less volatile play.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend always in life and not only in poker you must have positive thinking even when you do not get what you want, in poker the results are long term, that's why what you should always think is to give the best of you, your best game, study hard, shape a strategy to be a winner, but you can do it alone, ask for help some poker teacher, there are many in this industry, and you will see how your results change, we must take action so that in the future we are agredicidos with ourselves, do not complain because we do not win anything by doing that, good luck friend.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Negative thing brings negative results, although that would be based on the law of attraction. Positive thinking may not create positive results but it definitely is a more enjoyable state of mind.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Negative thinking is mainly associated with players without a game plan and those who do not work on their game.

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always think about my gameplay. I do not think I will win. Just the system of the game.