NEEDING HELP HERE!!!!

R

reb0202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
O
K here is the skinny. Every tourny I play in I do well all the way to the button and crash and crash hard. Today for instance 2 tourny's cheap but still, finished 7th in one and paid to 5th had 60 people in it and the second finished 10th and paid 9th what can a guy do I don't play crazy cards I try the patience thing and the results are horrible to be that close and get knocked out with good cards. Last 1 had A/10 suited I was short stack went all in with my 1800 blinds were 8/1200 big boy calls he has A/2 I think got him right??? HHA HHA HHA nope he hits the straight and of course to add salt to the wound I hit 2 more 10's
I am to the point I don't even want to get into a tourny because I know what the result will be GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!:mad:

pokerjdud

pokerjdud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that my friend is called variance.

almostfamous1003

almostfamous1003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i get down to the bubble like this I fold pretty much everything until i cash. You were short stacked and moved with a decent hand, but what position were you in? If you could have made 1 more round of blinds that could be the difference in cashing or bubbling out. As far as the hands are concerned like pokerjdud said "that my friend is variance"

colquhounx

colquhounx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well,you,made,the,right,move,with,A10suited,you,just,got,unlucky.
next,time,you'll,win,either,that,or,he'll,have,AJ.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you are close to the bubble you want to tighten up your hands a little. You still want to look for blind stealing opportunities, but AT should be at the bottom of your range.

It is tough when you are that close, but that's the way poker is. Just keep playing a good game and you will be the lucky one sooner or later.

A

ArminDeluxe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you made the right move
but must be patient
next time ya maybe more luck

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Off the subject, but is there a reason why you have to use commas in between every word, colquhounx?

R

reb0202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had the big blind on me. And what do you mean by Varience????? Lost me on that 1

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is the inevitable ups and downs in the game. You are going to have good days and bad days, up swings and down swings. This is what we call "variance". Even when you get your chips in with the best hand pre flop there is still the chance that someone can suck out on you.

R

reb0202

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OHHHHHHH!!!!! i got it thanks man Question here are the tourny's lets say more civilized as the buy-in's get bigger??? I don't play them over 10 bucks simply because I have a wife and 3 girls to support but have been curious..

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played much past $5 entries, but I would say that in the beginning, you are always going to have the "donkfest" style of play. However, I have noticed that the bigger the buy in the quicker the play gets better.

nevadanick

nevadanick

Back to work ... zzzzz
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OHHHHHHH!!!!! i got it thanks man Question here are the tourny's lets say more civilized as the buy-in's get bigger??? I don't play them over 10 bucks simply because I have a wife and 3 girls to support but have been curious..

Not necessarily. In the 'overall' sense, most of the time, yes. Still does not change variance.

In a recent MTT that many of us railed, a CC player was deep in a biggy. Disregarding stacks, position, etc, our CC hero first sucked out on a 10,3 to stay in, then shortly after that busted out on an A,K.

There ae simply times when the Poker Gods hand you a fully loaded gun to play Russian roulette. This can happen many times, defying explanation. It's just the fall of the cards. Some days you're the windshield and some days just one of the bugs. Understand also that in MTT's there are many more bugs than there are windshields.

MissVien

MissVien

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By "button" you mean "bubble" I reckon?

D

DRAY77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
seems like every time i or anyone else plays A-10 THEY OR I GET BEAT.. JUST LIMP IN WITH IT OR FOLD...

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There ae simply times when the Poker Gods hand you a fully loaded gun to play Russian Roulette.

Nick, this sentence just made me change my signature! LOL But it's sooooo true!

ratmantoo

ratmantoo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone want to get together , Find this "VARIANCE" guy and beat the CR#POLA out of him? :D

I feel your pain.... been having a disastrous run lately too!!!

Jjust keep it clean and tidy, maybe tighten up near the end a bit (but not too much) and play as many as possible.

GL ON THE FELT

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^ I'll get my bat!

C

CryingAmy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you are getting near the bubble of tournaments and then getting unlucky, then I dont think there's much to worry about...

Bad runs can hurt, but as long as you're getting near the prizes then sooner or later things will go your way.

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, keep trying, I lived on the bubble for a long time, i find playing tighter and waiting it out near the end best, aj a good hand (or is it?), but sux to lose so close, if ya called and say flop, or just folded and waited for a better hand, you may have hit the money?
I aint pro enough yet for any better advise:)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I can't speak for anyone else but I've played acouple of tourneys in the 215 range, and to be quite honest the play is just the same as 4 dollar range except the fields are much greater.

As for your question in-itself, all I can say is. Look at it like this, if you played the best you can, and truelly made no mistakes, then a bad beat really isn't all that bad because you know you had your oppent crushed, and you made the right call/move or W/E the case maybe and the outcome did'nt come your way, just look past that and move on. Someone on here once said to me, "remember the pain of losing, hold on to it, then remember the reason you lost", in my case I lost because I chose to make a dumb move, there-fore I was kicking myself in the ass. In your case I'd be happy with the fact that I made the right move at the right time, nothing you can do once the chips get into the middle all you can do is wait and see what happens on the flop/turn&river.

smokedu

smokedu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all i got to say is i love the bubble except when im on the wrong side of it

F

Flushbuster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah A-10 suited was a good push. It does seem like the cards always work out for the bigger stacks when you get close to the bubble. I reccomend maybe just seeing the flop next time and then make your decision because you can always hope the other guy didn't hit and then you can push.

colquhounx

colquhounx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yup my spacebar was broke but finally decided to rip it apart and got lucky.