Need another opinion

O

odds_maker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can dispute it but won't based apon that your ISP can be detected and if you are making loads of money so quickly that can and will be also detected. Poker sites can also detect if the normal human being has been playing 15+ hours which isn't impossible but we need sleep.

Let's just say I'm not ready to retire. Remember, even good limit players only average around one big blind per hour. I'm under that. I'm not stupid either, I'm not going to run it 24/7/365. The longest I ran it was for 9 hours at one time. I average about 6 hours a day about 5 days a week.

O

odds_maker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So go yadda yadda yadda I have a bot.. if indeed you do which actually you don't cause it is a futile waste of money. You definately wouldn't be bragging about it.. Now if the site you got this bot off from.. you really think they'd sell such an idea to you when indeed they can be making money themselves?? You really think that someone is going to share the wealth.. remember you are using it to cheat and win boat loads.. why in the heck would they share something that is going to make them boat loads ethical or unethical?

I'm not bragging. I just wanted opinions but it looks like the majority is in favor of my friend so I will lose this bet.

It's funny that you mention the idea of sharing the bot public because this is exactly why I did not try it right away. I thought no way this would be public if they could make money themselves. It wasn't until recently that I have realized probably why they did this. OK, let me back up, I tried to set up another account with my friend just so I can run multiple bots at once. It was a pain in the a**. First, you need a bank account tied to the person signing up. I had to have my friend get funds into the poker company. Now, I have to have access to his bank account to get funds and possible give him a cut and you can see where this is going. Not to mention it might get him into trouble with all the new laws now. So you can see how difficult it would be for them to run multiple computers and bots to eak out one big blind per hour. Now, compare that to let’s say 2000 members at $25 a month. Well, you can do the math. And this is why I think they made it public, because I wouldn't have.

S

Stonedsurfer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
odds_maker said:

I'm not bragging. I just wanted opinions but it looks like the majority is in favor of my friend so I will lose this bet.

It's funny that you mention the idea of sharing the bot public because this is exactly why I did not try it right away. I thought no way this would be public if they could make money themselves. It wasn't until recently that I have realized probably why they did this. OK, let me back up, I tried to set up another account with my friend just so I can run multiple bots at once. It was a pain in the a**. First, you need a bank account tied to the person signing up. I had to have my friend get funds into the poker company. Now, I have to have access to his bank account to get funds and possible give him a cut and you can see where this is going. Not to mention it might get him into trouble with all the new laws now. So you can see how difficult it would be for them to run multiple computers and bots to eak out one big blind per hour. Now, compare that to let’s say 2000 members at $25 a month. Well, you can do the math. And this is why I think they made it public, because I wouldn't have.
Guess you lost this bet with your friend?? Guess you should have let a Bot bet for you first because the odds of you winning that bet are lower than your "time aval." to play the game. Just because your time is short because you work you decide to do a "hands free" program and can't see the problem. Even a stoner know a bad seed when he see's one. Later... cheater

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
Jesus Christ.

Oh, and OP, did you really expect anyone to be 'on your side'?
All right. I'm game. No problem with it, other than it being lazy. Odds-maker seems like a savy player with potential to spice up the monotonous discussions that have been infecting this Forum for some time now. First off, the guy asks a sincere question and all you self-righteous Boy scouts jump down his throat like he's Barry Freakin' Bonds. Second, let's not get too preachy about the legality of the whole thing, after all, all we Americans are breaking the law every day just by playing. Anyone here care to declare their winnings to the IRS? I didn't think so. Any one here claim to be 18 or older when they opened up there account? Has anyone here ever played with 2 accounts at the same time to give themselves a better chance in a tournament?

There is no poker program in the world that can ever play a solid hand from start to finish, let alone a tournament. The human element is way too essential. Sounds like all he's done is automate his starting hands. If he's winning money this way, maybe we should all try playing a little more like a dispassionate Bot and less like the suspicious, emotional animals that we are. Criticizing him for essentially playing a solid game is the worst kind of hypocracy. Time to grow up.

Welcome to the site odds-maker.