Need a break?

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you take breaks from poker and for how long?

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't play much in the summer. When I do, I tend to play loose, not giving it full focus.

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'm sleeping I don't play much, otherwise I try to play as much as possible to get the experience and confidence I need

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

It depends ... I play every day if I have a bad streak I will rest that bad day, and then I would return to the games again !!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last time I took a break it was because I was playing too badly and I felt that poker was against me and that the platforms were misleading people, the truth is that with time I discovered that I needed a break. Stop playing poker for about 3 months. Then I started with tournaments very occasionally and saw how the rest paid off. Regards.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only take a break from poker when I run out of money to play. It's very addictive for me. I have no control over when to stop.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take breaks days at a time, it's a great mental refresher being away from the tables.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Of course, sometimes I take breaks. Usually once a month I take a break for a few days. This time is enough for me to rest and regain patience and enthusiasm.

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
At the moment I am taking a break from poker, I am studying some strategies for tournaments, I hope to resume my game at the beginning of the month, whenever I take a break is not more than 15 days.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't take a break from poker because I have a few days to lose, the only break is when I'm at work or on vacation with my family and I can't play

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI

It is always good to rest in the necessary times, since your mind and body are exhausted and that makes you make bad decisions.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Taking breaks at the correct time and duration can be the right decision and can be very beneficial to your physiological well being (mental portion of your game)and your game strategy.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I took a break for a few years while I was at university

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, sometimes I take breaks, usually for a few days. But in general, I rarely take breaks, because I don't play poker so often to get tired of it.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
When i don't have money i can't play poker because i know that you will not win money when you need it the most.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a break is always good, specially when I play too much time daily or when I'm in a bad run. It's good to have another hobbies besides poker.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I take breaks from poker every now and then. The amount of time really depends on whats going on in my life or how poker is going for me at that moment. It might be a break that last as long as a day, a few days, a week a month, really just depends what I need or need to do at that moment.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally one or two days I usually take to clear my mind and return just as focused, if I am playing and I have a bad streak I try not to open more tournaments and when I finish I start doing something else no matter it lasts only an hour playing and having the other hours free:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

my job is such that I work one week and play one week

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play everyday, no breaks here:)

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
of course you need to.

there are 2 days per week. and one month per year. you definitely need to rest

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost without interruptions. I love this game. Although my nerves are burning.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having a break can help refocus on the game in my opinion. When things aren't going well and it becomes a burden just to play poker better have a week or 2 away from poker to put things in perspective...

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If feasible, I play even if a little, everyday.

I think it better to work through the mental stresses - to deal with the mental ups and downs. Regardless of whether you take a break or not, you will face variance, That is just the nature of poker. And whilst I sympathize with shying away from a 'run bad' I realized it doesn't make a difference if you take a break from it or not. You will face variance on you return. so a break seems fairly pointless.

So I try to plow through it. Then, you know what? When you bounce back with a winning session, let alone a winning couple of days, you get high off your resilience.

So, if you can stick to it, sometimes not taking a break can be a real positive. Character building. But again, that is because you have already concluded so much of the game is variance dependent...outcomes frequently come down to luck whether we want to admit it or not.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you take breaks from poker and for how long?
Hello, I have a break in poker myself, I do not specifically plan it! I have a major job that brings me the main income, and poker is my hobby and I'm not trying to make a lot of money from it, poker is for me entertainment and kind of relaxation, but I can't play a lot and stable as I get up to work very early and come from work very late!