Music When You Play

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally love listening to music when I play poker. It calms me down and maintains my focus while also bringing me joy while grinding away on the felt.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think its fine and dont seem a problem with it

I do it all the time it helps me relax, and if i get a beatbeat it helps me just ignore it like nothing happend.. instead of feeling a bit irritated by the "suck out"

think more people should give it a try if they havent already :)

And it also makes the time go faster while doing something during playing.
when you are card dead.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rock

I like to listen to classic Rock when I play poker.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really helps me to think better and to take the right decisions. Another advantage is that your attention is not only on the tables, while listening to music. It is a good refresh in your mind. I think everybody should listen music, it is helping.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends. For some players it relaxes them or takes away their sense of outside sound in a way that seemingly hones their remaining senses. For me I prefer no music. I would probably just find it distracting in a live poker game. I am too focused on many other things: live tells, changing stack sizes and blinds, calculating math in my head like pot odds and so on. I am already not the best at math, so I don't need further distractions lol :D

Ironically, playing online, I am far more likely to listen to some music. Maybe it is because I have less to worry about (like no need to look for physical tells or estimate chip stacks since online displays exact amounts). When I am listening to music online, it is usually more background music to keep me motivated; I normally enjoy classical music or other "relaxing" choices, but for some reason I don't think I would care for that during poker.

When playing poker I'd probably listen to something like John Cameron 4 O'clock Rumble (wsop Main Event Theme Song), or Motorhead Ace of Spades or something else upbeat and motivational for poker :)

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to rock my favorite canadian rock band is the Birthday Massacre

M

majestic_ruler

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally for me, I love listening to music, to whatever I do. Doesn’t matter if I’m gaming or playing poker, for me personally, music helps me concentrate better and improves my performance. Obviously it depends on the person but I love it!

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Love music

I love music when I play poker, soothes the soul and mind. Music believe it or not keeps me focused when I play and regulates my stress factor hour after hour. The deeper into a game I am playing will dictate the music I listen to. If I make the final table I listen to soft and relaxing music to put me at ease. Poker and music are the perfect marriage. Capo1014

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Something upbeat, mid BPM, positive energy and minimal vocals. So this is pretty much bang on the definition of popular electronic music genres like trance, progressive and house.

I love listening to tons of other music like hip hop, rock, classic rock, metal and podcasts too, but rarely while playing poker.

This is all just what works best for me though. You gotta find out what works best for you to stay dialed in and focused at the poker tables.

By the way, I actually get asked this question about poker and music so much, I will have an entire article on my blog about it next week :)

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like listening to music when I play poker. Especially jazz

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is a good thing if it gives you a feeling of well-being during the game and does not distract you.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that music improves a player's concentration. But, of course, it depends on your mood. I usually prefer classical music.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think it is a good option. It is proven that music can relax people. And if you achieve this in poker it would already be a victory that we would achieve

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always. If I get a spicy all in then I get some big DnB or EDM on for max hype

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often listen to music while playing poker. Usually, music calms me down and helps me focus.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I love to listen to music while playing poker. Music helps me keep concentration. For example, two days ago I found a video on YouTube that I really like.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I previously wrote that music bothers me while playing. Now I want to say that music does not bother me, and vice versa, in some moments it helps. With music, I feel much better, and I make more profitable and tactful decisions.

Slav4obaby

Slav4obaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer good chill deep house can play all day :D

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love to listen music while I play. Normally some Brazilian music or jazz. I love rock too, but I prefer to listen it doing other things, like cooking, repairing some stuff in my house and specially when I brew some beer.

D

DoIHaveAFlush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to hear Justin Timberlake - what goes around comes around :D

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The louder the better... Sike :) the less words the better I mean, :p or... I dunno

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like the blues when i play keeps me clam so i can play better lol some good cards help too just saying :D

The Riff_Raff :cool:

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, personally I listen to music and it reassures me a lot when playing, I have improved my game with this method.

Y

yelllowbag

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some hip hop or classic rock, try a movie also