Mouse choice?

tony4680

tony4680

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wanted to buy a new/extra mouse and was just wondering if anyone has suggestions. I know they make mice that are specifically designed for playing poker but I just don't know how I feel about them as they all seem to have the track ball on top vs. a traditional mouse. I guess what I'm asking is whether it's a comfortable transition. I just have a feeling i'm gonna hate it or it will slow me down to the point of having to cut down on tables. Whats the benefit of this design is it just supposed to be better for your wrist?

mamutmamut

mamutmamut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can recommend you Razor Naga...it´s a gaming mouse (so it´s little more expensive) but it´s the most comfortable mouse I have ever used. ;)

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use the Razor Naga. I bought it 2 years ago to go with the gaming rig I built. In all honesty though if your not playing anything other than poker on your computer any normal mouse should be fine.

30pointbuck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good gaming mouse will be expensive, but well worth it if you spend lots of time on a PC. If you're a gamer, you will thank yourself for spending the extra money.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i use this one...
Image 310php
think that do not need to buy a gaming mouse,
poker does not need u to fast click...like Starcraft II or whatever

since u need to move ur arm and hand with wrist long time, would find a good mouse that matches ur hand, or would let ur hand feel comfortable.

G

GWU73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the trackball from novalogic where the ball is offset for use with my thumb. I find it to be much easier and faster to use than moving my hand all over the bleeping place.

zEric7x

zEric7x

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good gaming mouse will be expensive, but well worth it if you spend lots of time on a PC. If you're a gamer, you will thank yourself for spending the extra money.
I agree. I have a above stranded mouse and keyboard because I like playing computer video games a lot. I don't see how it would necessary help in poker though. Maybe it can let you respond a bit faster.

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i use this one...
View attachment 52037
think that do not need to buy a gaming mouse,
poker does not need u to fast click...like Starcraft II or whatever

since u need to move ur arm and hand with wrist long time, would find a good mouse that matches ur hand, or would let ur hand feel comfortable.

HAHAHHAHAHHA rolling on the floor laughing, loved it.

You don't need an special mouse for playing poker, Im a gamer, and most of the games neither need it.. use a wireless mouse and have fun.

X

xXShannonAXx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HAHAHHAHAHHA rolling on the floor laughing, loved it.

You don't need an special mouse for playing poker, Im a gamer, and most of the games neither need it.. use a wireless mouse and have fun.

i beg to differ on the wireless mouse id much prefer to use a corded mouse in the unlikely event your in a big hand and your batteries go dead on the mouse you would be glad to have a corded mouse:rolleyes:

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i beg to differ on the wireless mouse id much prefer to use a corded mouse in the unlikely event your in a big hand and your batteries go dead on the mouse you would be glad to have a corded mouse:rolleyes:

That happens on my cheap small Wireless Logitech Mouse which I love due to its small size. I recently picked up a new mouse from someone, but I do not use it because it is too big and makes it not as comfortable to play.

As far as when the battery goes out because I did not notice the red light that warns me when the battery is low...well I have a touchpad that is always on as well...

G

gjpa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I always have another charged battery with me :p

P

PlayedYou73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who needs a mouse when you can use this? No keyboard required...

Attachments

• con_Atari5200.jpg
    con_Atari5200.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 26
tony4680

tony4680

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol love the pics but i don't know if i want to deal with a track ball