Most unlikely event you encountered in poker?

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I ran into had my bigger set cracked against a smaller pair all in, in the flop, only chance to lose was runner runners 1 outters. odds them beating me was 1/1000th.

I just ran into back to back AAs cracked all in preflop. Odds of that 2%

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I ran into had my bigger set cracked against a smaller pair all in, in the flop, only chance to lose was runner runners 1 outters. Odds them beating me was 1/1000th.

Sorry to disappoint you, but one out on the turn and river is 4.4% not 0.1%.
Losing to a one outer hurts, but the odds are not as bad as they feel.
There are several sources for calculating and viewing odds for outs that you should be familiar with to be successful. Good Luck.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to disappoint you, but one out on the turn and river is 4.4% not 0.1%.
Losing to a one outer hurts, but the odds are not as bad as they feel.
There are several sources for calculating and viewing odds for outs that you should be familiar with to be successful. Good Luck.

My math might be wrong, but check this.

Q set vs pairs of 4s

Rainbow flop Q 10 10. For villain to win they need to hit a 2/45 on the Turn and a 1/44 on the river. That is some 0.15%

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! The most unbelievable and at the same time disappointing event happened to me playing at the cash table at PokerDom. When opening the flop, 7,8,2 (rainbow) comes out, I have 88, opponent with A, 7 is All-in, I naturally I answer, and here began tern 7, river 7. I could not even think of such a thing, but the game is a game, I just left.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I had QQ and flop was QQA. My opponent had AK. Turn A, river A:mad: That was on pokerstars

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My math might be wrong, but check this.

Q set vs pairs of 4s

Rainbow flop Q 10 10. For villain to win they need to hit a 2/45 on the Turn and a 1/44 on the river. That is some 0.15%

According to the Cardschat Odds Calculator,
QQ vs 44 with a Q 10 10 board gives the villain 0.1% chance of winning.
With a 4 on the turn, the villain improves to 2.28%.

Regardless of how we view it, your way, my way, or some other way, the villain has to get really lucky to beat out the set of Queens.

S

Scroooob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I ran into had my bigger set cracked against a smaller pair all in, in the flop, only chance to lose was runner runners 1 outters. Odds them beating me was 1/1000th.

I just ran into back to back AAs cracked all in preflop. Odds of that 2%

How about losing a heads up tourney with a 10 high straight flush? Happened to me back about 13 years ago. Guy had the Jack.

mitroff

mitroff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A lot of what happened. This is poker. When everything is not working out for me in poker, I remember this moment from EPT 11.