Most Powerful Poker Play

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the has been a lot of opinions on this subject, so why not throw mine out there.

Slow rolling, three betting, check raising are some that come to mind.

Folding to me is the most powerful play in poker. Money not lost is money made and it's free to do it.:deal:

hunterws

hunterws

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huh? Your post is confusing. The title doesn't match what is in the message.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That’s a good point, I try not to go all in unless I have the nuts. I don’t even like going all in pre flop with AA or KK

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
In general, I agree with you. Not lost money is money earned. And that's why I follow a simple but powerful principle. I just don't play with junk and that's why I have good results. :)

Deadrabbit

Deadrabbit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When in doubt play safe

Well everybody thinks that incredible big bluffs hero calls an incredible reads.... Disciplined and controlled folds are the true money makers...
Win big and lose little...

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I don't think you won't make good money relying on free tournaments, and if that happens, know that you'll have to wait several years, which may or may not happen.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If a pass is the most powerful way for you not to lose money, then it will be even more powerful not to sit down to play at all!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being polarized most of the time and keep opponents guessing is a powerful play.

I insist most of the time and not always.

Also pot controlling when OOP is a powerful play.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
most powererful play when you read opponents thoughts and control his behave)

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If a pass is the most powerful way for you not to lose money, then it will be even more powerful not to sit down to play at all!
This is probably true for the majority as most people are long term losers, but I am sure he was referring to a calculated, disciplined fold, and there I absolutely agree.

C

CerealKiller78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Disciplined fold it's a must, if you want to start winning

D

Dandadandan

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding good hands when you have a read on your opponent, and they confirm it later or show their hand when you fold, that can be pretty satisfying too to know that you dodged an expensive bullet.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anything done on time, timely passing of the pass can give you the opportunity to hit the prizes.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, folding requires more willpower than calling or betting in my opinion

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I know the has been a lot of opinions on this subject, so why not throw mine out there.

Slow rolling, three betting, check raising are some that come to mind.

Folding to me is the most powerful play in poker. Money not lost is money made and it's free to do it.:deal:

I respectfully disagree.

Folding may be the most important move, but not the most powerful.
Folding is passive. Folding stops play, but it does not apply force.
Saying folding is powerful is a bit like saying not getting out of bed in the morning is living. Sure, you do not risk getting hit by a car, getting mugged, or otherwise injuring yourself, but sleep is merely the pause between bouts of living.

IMO the most powerful play is the Check-Raise.

This is the play which turns the tables and where the roles of predator and prey reverse.
This is where the aggressor finds himself realising there is a stick attached to that carrot he's been chasing.
The check-raise induces that whoa-hey-hold-on-a-minute reaction in the aggressor.

I love that look when they stop...think...oh-wait, what have I got myself into?...

If they flat call, they are now ripe for attack on the next street...like a one-two combination punch.

But, more often than not, they realise that they have been played and they chuck in the muck.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree, yesterday I asked to withdraw after losing 30% of my bankroll I would have lost much more if I had stayed

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold can be more beneficial than a call or a rise and that is not even debatable. Anyone who play this game knows this.