Most Effective Strategies

M

milagua

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Can you describe in a few steps (or post a link) the most effective strategies you've used in your games. I'm definitely interested in low limits cash games and low and medium limits MTTs. What tricks do you use, even if there are no strategies?

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't quite understand what kind of answers would you want but "the most efective strategy" is a solid game preflop. Position, hand selection, stealing and restealing.. pretty much all the things you can do preflop, learn to do them better and you will find yourself in way better situations and way less trickier situations so you will do alot better and know how to do things better.
So, improve your preflop play. It's important for deep stack play and short stack play, postflop is important just for deep stack

haiiG

haiiG

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly low/medium limits MTTs. Early game when I have 100bbs+ I try to play wide, lets say I would definitely open 3x with most of my suited connectors (like 9 10 and etc.) and I would always try to see a flop with any pocket pair. Middle stage depends from my stack, as a big stack I would still do the same (a bit depends from position) from J10/9+ and every pocket pair. As a med/small stack it highly depends from position and I prefer to play a bit more tight. In the late stage I'm playing quite tight (from Q10+ suited open if decent stack to all-in or fold if short) also always depends from my stack and position.