Morning poker play?

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that our Brain is more concentrated on the mornings. Would it be better to play Poker after breakfast on The weekend or maybe on holidays? Or the evening is much better?

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like late night/early morning games -- a lot of drinking going on which makes for more errors . . . Just a thought

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play at night, I like it better, or in the afternoons, in the mornings I have never liked to play poker, I prefer to sleep or go for a run and exercise.:D

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that our Brain is more concentrated on the mornings. Would it be better to play Poker after breakfast on The weekend or maybe on holidays? Or the evening is much better?

The brain's concentration varies from person to person. For example, I prefer to study, work and play poker at night and at dawn, I can focus a lot more and get better results.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think it's right to just play not many tournaments, since the brain is capable of performing only a certain number of operations per second, when we overload it with a bunch of tables, this is already a weak game and we will all lose .. Do not look at the grinders on TV, no one will tell you this because they want you to play like that and not think :deal:

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to choose the time to play in the evening and do not play at night.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I really wish I could find the games and the stakes I play early morning, it just does not happen. There are some tournaments I can play on ACR in the morning , but the cash games I play are on PokerStarsPA, and because of the state being the entire player pool, I have to play evening hours for the best action. When I was playing more live poker, I could actually find decent games in the morning . It is all dependent on the "player pool" for me. IF the U.S. would just legalize poker across the entire country this problem would be solved for me, anyway.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I agree with you that the head works better in the morning, there is no nervousness accumulated during the day, but I rarely have time to play in the morning, mostly evening-night

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips

to be honest i think that afternoons are better for playing poker, reasons are due to more time since all chores and body revitalized, as well as having a healthy meal for concentration

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me and my sleep habits, the best time to play poker is 6am to 6pm.

Unfortunately, this is the worst time to be playing in terms of opponent skill level.

The weaker players only come out at night. Playing at 6am, there won't be very many fish, most of the player pool is gonna be competent at worst. Think about it - your casual player isn't firing up the poker client at 6am, only us grinders and poker afficianados will be doing that...

...it shouldn't take a genius to realize the best time to play poker is the same time as when the worst players are playing, not the time when the better players make up the majority of the player pool.

So I'm in a dilemma each day. Some days I feel less tired in the evenings and I play poker, but it's hard for me to anticipate or plan it out. I rarely play when I'm 100% alert and awake, in the early mornings, for the reason I stated above. If I do get an urge, I'll often just fire up poker stars and use the play chips from the Land of the Not-So-Free here in America. Play chips is fun for me, it costs nothing and I find the level of play at the top rungs of the play chip ladder (us play chip Billionaires on Stars) is fairly good, it's not just joke poker like many think play chip poker is. The players are playing for all the right reasons and none of the wrong ones (the wrong reason being money). Play chip poker is not the toughest game around, hardly so... but it works for me. It passes the time which is usually all I'm really doing (since money is not my reason for playing poker).

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me and my sleep habits, the best time to play poker is 6am to 6pm.

Unfortunately, this is the worst time to be playing in terms of opponent skill level.

The weaker players only come out at night. Playing at 6am, there won't be very many fish, most of the player pool is gonna be competent at worst. Think about it - your casual player isn't firing up the poker client at 6am, only us grinders and poker afficianados will be doing that...

...it shouldn't take a genius to realize the best time to play poker is the same time as when the worst players are playing, not the time when the better players make up the majority of the player pool.

So I'm in a dilemma each day. Some days I feel less tired in the evenings and I play poker, but it's hard for me to anticipate or plan it out. I rarely play when I'm 100% alert and awake, in the early mornings, for the reason I stated above. If I do get an urge, I'll often just fire up Poker Stars and use the play chips from the Land of the Not-So-Free here in America. Play chips is fun for me, it costs nothing and I find the level of play at the top rungs of the play chip ladder (us play chip Billionaires on Stars) is fairly good, it's not just joke poker like many think play chip poker is. The players are playing for all the right reasons and none of the wrong ones (the wrong reason being money). Play chip poker is not the toughest game around, hardly so... but it works for me. It passes the time which is usually all I'm really doing (since money is not my reason for playing poker).

With online poker being a global hobby, time of day is less impactful than it used to be. I find plenty of Eastern recreational players in my morning games. ;)

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I like to play poker more in the morning after breakfast, since we wake up recovering the energy of the previous day and we take advantage of the day that is beginning, in change that at night we are exhausted and we can play a little tired and our brain is exhausted to make good decisions in the game or analyze hands in the game.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the morning fewer people play, in the evening they play a lot.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
morning is the best time to play poker more fish sober brain

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It honestly depends. In my experience morning plays are better, because I’m more concentrated, but not everyone can play in the morning due to work or other stuff.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it any time! :) But nothing like relaxing in the evening and firing up a few tables.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally I'm ready to play at anytime. Preferably when well rested and have a positive outlook.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my brain is sleeping in the morning until the afternoon, best time for me is evening or early night

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend of mine told me to try to play poker when I wake up in the morning and I got good results because whenever I play at night, sleep and tiredness let me pass good hands that I wouldn't be able to concentrate on, so I recommend not to play when you are upset, tired or stressed.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it,s better not to play poker in the morning. For sure different people have different feelings, but i can,t play in the morning at all, just because i loose everytime and my brain works not so well, as it can be working for example in the evening.
After i wake up i need to spend at least couple of hours for another things and only after that i can play poker and i can feel, that i can be successive in poker.
Also i believe, it,s not so good to play poker, if you are already very tired of the hard day or already have a poker session.
For sure, maybe someone have another feelings.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my brain only starts working a few hours after i woke up
perfect for me to play at night

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like everything in poker it seems like the answer is ....it depends, it depends where you live, it depends on what sites you play on, it depends on what games you play, but there is no reason to not play in the morning if you can find the volume.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The morning of the evening is not wiser
Few poker players have limitless energy in the morning! Many players, waking up early-early - around 14:00 - until the evening cannot get together in one reasonable heap. This is understandable, because the regulars fish in the evening (lasts until 3 a.m.), when plankton comes home from work and wants to distract themselves with the help of an entertaining card game.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

When I play in the morning, I often win tournaments. Probably because I got enough sleep and fresh:)