lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Did it at the Golden Nugget a couple of years ago.. Proudly announced my nut flush and then realized they were not both diamonds. Still won the had with pair of aces.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have misread my cards a couple of times but so far (knock on wood) it hasn't cost me anything, in fact, twice it has won me really large pots. I had misread my hand and never looked back at it, there was a raise, a call and a re-raise in front of me but because I had such a tight table image (I thought I had flopped trips and turned a full house) I pushed all in and everyone folded. This happened when I was pretty new to the game and also gave me a great lesson on table image. Nowadays, I rarely misread my cards but I do use the looking back trick in certain situations to try to make my opponents re-think what they think I am playing or in some semi bluffing situations, or sometimes just to change up my behavioral pattern to those who are actually observant enough to notice such things. If you watch a lot of poker, then you know that even the pros will do it, and I think they are using it more as a ploy than actually forgetting what their hole cards were or making sure they didn't misread them. If it's happening often, then your probably not focused enough on the game and are letting distractions seep into your head. If you want to be successful at poker, you need to work on this.

therealslomo

therealslomo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live I can only remember doing it once and it was a big misread on my part lol thankfully I won the hand betting like a maniac because I seriously thought I had the nuts.

almanik

almanik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I can misread hurts with diamonds, or clubs with spades. But it's happen not often.

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually it doesn´t happen that much to me ... and rarely i double check my cards during the game. It´s really training!!

another thing is that i totally forget my cards after folding it ... it is not healthy to keep those "if ....." after the floop

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely, but I get pissed at myself when it happens.

M

Mug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very rarely, it has maybe happened twice in my time playing poker over the years. I can't remember the last time I have done it, but I've been away from the game for quite a while. I have never been one to rely solely on my memory, no harm in double checking your cards before getting further involved in a hand.