Mis-reading Boards

Daquess

Daquess

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing I've found out about myself in online play, is that I misread boards. I NEVER do this in live play.

I wonder if it's the comfortable setting, and I'm being complacent. I don't know why.

No I wasn't drinking.. lol

Anyone else dealt with this?

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
One thing I've found out about myself in online play, is that I misread boards. I NEVER do this in live play.

I wonder if it's the comfortable setting, and I'm being complacent. I don't know why.

No I wasn't drinking.. lol

Anyone else dealt with this?

Do you utilize the four color deck? If not do so as reading boards is easier by far.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had such a problem when I played many tables at the same time and got confused in the boards. When I first played with one table, gradually adding one table per week, this problem disappeared.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i've had it before while playing multi tables... it's like a card gets stuck in your head and when you call and take a look back you are like oh... i don't have ax and hit the board.. or you think you hitted a flush and call a bet.. but turns out you are holding the flush cards on another table... it doesnt happen often but when it does happen you feel stupid for awhile...

S

slothi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advice of DS3 is a good one…..I changed to the 4 color deck and it helps a lot…..maybe it works for you too….😉

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've done it a number of times when my mind fixates on what I have, and that causes me to miss other possibilities that might help me or another player.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It happens rarely, but only when I'm distracted or preoccupied at the moment. NEVER when I'm alone, family/pets asleep, lights out, no need to pee etc. If you wanna make money from Poker, then your first step should be: Shut out all those factors in your proximity which only sap your focus away from the game. It helps tremendously.