CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello All,

I am relatively new to the forum (a week or so), and I think I recall reading somewhere that you cannot post links. So in place of that I would just like to suggest that those of you who are inclined to be numbers people / odds people / and even poker people in general, go to youtube and search for 52 factorials (4th one down from top for me, 417k views). Then select the video that is entitled:
QI Card Shuffling - 52 Factorial

I think this video is many years old (looks like posted 7 yrs ago), and I have been familiar with it for several years, but every year or so when I view it, it never ceases to blow my mind!

If you check it out, please let me know if you enjoyed it!

Enjoy and Bet at Luck at The Tables All!

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What are the Odds of a Deck of Cards being shuffled in Exactly the Same Order?

Everybody knows the answer, right?

52 Factorials, of course, but how often does that happen? Every now and again... perhaps you have experienced a couple times?

To get some perspective on the frequency, check out this video on youtube. Search for 52 factorials (4th one down from top for me, 417k views). Then select the video that is entitled:
QI Card Shuffling - 52 Factorial.

It will not disappoint.

Best of Luck At the Tables All,

CheezeWiz

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everybody knows the answer, right?

52 Factorials, of course, but how often does that happen? Every now and again... perhaps you have experienced a couple times?

To get some perspective on the frequency, check out this video on youtube. Search for 52 factorials (4th one down from top for me, 417k views). Then select the video that is entitled:
QI Card Shuffling - 52 Factorial.

It will not disappoint.

Best of Luck At the Tables All,

CheezeWiz
People post Youtube links all of the time. I think there are some restricted links including illegal file sharing sites, and links to other poker forums. You can always ask a moderator.

CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do Something Today That Has Never Been Done Since The Beginning of Time...

That was very cool thank you for sharing that.

You are very welcome, Eetenor, glad you enjoyed it!

For those that did not get a chance to view the video, I will post a narrative version which puts into perspective just how many different combinations a deck of cards can be shuffled in.

Drum roll please...

Just imagine, if every star in our galaxy had a trillion planets, and each planet had a trillion people living on them, and each of these trillion hardworking and highly talented people had a pack of cards, and because they were just that good, they managed to shuffle each deck a thousand times a second, and they had been doing this dutifully, since the Big Bang (quite a few years ago), they would only now be beginning to repeat shuffles! :eek:

Pretty amazing, me thinks...

Best of Luck at The Tables All,

CheezeWiz