Mentally Preparing for Variance

P

PRrey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello community. I'm playing NLH2 in PS. and yesterday the truth was a day full of variance against me. I would like to know what you do or did to prepare mentally for these days. and I want to ask them if they can pass content links to face these situations and study them thoroughly. Greetings to all and luck on your tables!

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not so long ago I was depressed .. I played a bounty tournament for $ 7.50!
It takes 20 minutes for me to give out a pair of QQ and two guys play all-in, I call and on the board 7 10 J 2 K, I lose because the opponent had a king, but the stack was 3,500 and I was immediately dealt a pair of KK, I bet all-in A pair of 77 on the board 5 8 A 2 7 and I again lose on the river.. I HATE RIVER!

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You really can't let variance bother you. It can take you away from you're game if you do. If you made the correct call and played the hand well, you have to find victory in that. Making a villain make a bad call and come from from behind is what we all are looking for. The results will come, variance has away of sticking around. Don't let it beat you.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always keep quiet making the best plays regardless of the end result this is to be prepared for the variance

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
variance is first step to tilt, just stay calm and play slow do not get thoughtless decisions

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are not so long, I was depressed. I played a Bounty tournament for $ 7.50!
It takes 20 minutes for me to give a pair of QQ and two guys playing carpet, my name and in Table 7 10 J 2 K, I lose because my opponent had a king, but the stack was 3 500 I was immediately distributed a pair of KK, I bet a pair of intersens a pair of 77 table 5 8 a July 2 and I lose again on the river .. I HATE rIVER!
I also hate the river

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really can't let variance bother you. It can take you away from you're game if you do. If you made the correct call and played the hand well, you have to find victory in that. Making a villain make a bad call and come from from behind is what we all are looking for. The results will come, variance has away of sticking around. Don't let it beat you.

That was very well said, thanks for this and thank you to OP for good question. GL on tables fellas, don't let the bad fish calls get to you.

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its tough , we all get trough that like losing with a set to an over set on a relatively dry board and the only hand to beat you is an over set or different other things it happened to me a few times to lose with A high flush to a straight flush one time for an over 1700$ pot , still have nightmares to this day over it .
It bothers ( most of the time ) only if I made the bad play in there but if I know that I made the best play and got my money in with the best hand and lose to some 2-3 outer then I am quite ( still don't feel ok tho) alright about it.
Being able to get the most out of your good hands sometimes leaves you open to give your opponent a chance to play back and... sometimes in this case the variance kicks in but getting the most out of your good hands and being able to get your chips in good separate good players from the rest .