Mental Mistakes

COLA981

COLA981

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That fell when you lose with some god hand agnist some fish,than cant control myself ...playing everything,lose control and everything...:(

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is even a word for this in poker: TILT

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think the biggest mistakes made are when you're playing aggressive and have a big stack, we often can be over confident, and go on a tilt period mostly later on when players will only enter the pot with top hands and we forget to fold

DougPkrMonsta

DougPkrMonsta

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will lose with a lot of good hands and in spots you can't imagine losing.

That's poker. Learning to deal with bad breaks better than your opponents will give you an edge.

Self-control is essential and losing the feeling that you somehow deserved to win is a must.

Play well and don't let the results affect your play or decisions.

Good luck to you! :D

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You know that horrible feeling when bitbite,but this is not the last time will occur.My opinion is patience.Godspeed...

freddy66

freddy66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tilt

oh yea i tilt often ...need displine

COLA981

COLA981

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is true,buth my problem is lot off turbo and ultra turbo turnaments on poker stars.and then i came to play some ultra tight turnament...

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always happens to me, especially in tournaments

K

kened2112

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that is true,buth my problem is lot off turbo and ultra turbo turnaments on poker stars.and then i came to play some ultra tight turnament...
hahahaha the ultra turbo are the hardest:mad:

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In poker you learn to be patient, calm !! if you do not understand about having patience, tranquility, you will certainly have great difficulties in the game !! calm staff, succeed in poker! OK ! ok I understand it's not easy to lose AAx72 and see two pairs on the flop! but you need to take it quietly if not you explode in anger and everything goes by water down friend !! Over time the Bad do not hurt so much anymore!

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I joined CC I was carrying around 5 tons of every bad thing that had happened to me at all the tables for the past 10 years. I was so full of anger, doubt of myself, hopelessness, deep depression, and the belief that it could not even be fixed. However, when I walked in these doors I truly felt there was hope, but I also found out that it was going to take some seriously hard work on my part for that to happen, so since my TILT problem was my only problem at the start I started and worked on it for the first 6 months here. That took getting opinions, advice, reading post by others with the same problem and replying to them. Try helping someone else and you will forget yourself for a minute. I asked so many damn questions that I thought everyone would get tired of me, but it was just the other way around, and the greatest thing I've realized that concerned poker back then, was the fact that it will get better with time. My tilt problem is now 90% under control but the other 10% will always be with me because I'm human and getting mad feels good sometimes. GL to you

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the poker player has to be like the tennis player, you have to forget a quick play and not allow the bad play to influence the rest of the game

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tilt has gotten the best of every player at some point or another, no worries!

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the Tilt (The 11th player yourself in a bad mood who could take you down in a minute) you will feel a certain loss of control under the effect of bad emotions like anger , or regret when blaming yourself for trying a bbad play or bad bluff or for underestimating your opponent strength, for making bad decisions or at worst because your opponent the one you considered a fish won with a game of 2-7 offsuit.To overcome this difficulty you will learn to control your emotions this will be possible if you learn to accept the results of your decisions by saying I planned well but it was not the shot that I wanted I plan another plan that will succeed for my next moves I still have some chips I will play better All I need is a chip and a chair No Tilt just smile and keep going if it was all you have tell yourself this leson costed me that I will not do that again and now I paid this lesson that dollar 5 or 10 dollars .

This level of emotional control and analysis requires a large amount of knowledge, experience and exercise that will help you strengthen your play and the Mental defense system making you feel all this negativity will be controlled by the positivity you are creating in your Mindset .Everything Resides in a GOOD BREATH that will establish back a good mindset needed to pursue the game. For myself each time I make a Tilt I look to myself on the miror and start to smiling and laughing at myself seeing my own face and telling myself Calme down it's a game not the end of the world.

[Sports teaches you character, it teaches you to play by the rules, it teaches you to know what it feels like to win and lose-it teaches you about life. [Billie Jean King]]

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As some members above have said, patience is the key. I too have learned a lot since joining Cardschat and reading lots of posts. I feel my game has improved lately, and I have even placed in the money in a few freerolls which I had never done before. It takes time and control to improve your poker game.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Many players think that having a hand like AA or KK or QQ guarantees them to win all the time ... but it is not so ... we must be prepared to accept that with such strong hands we can also lose a spot ... but what that we should never lose is the control of emotions ...!

vitalii029

vitalii029

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
never need to succumb to provocations when you play poker you should always keep yourself to follow your emotions or you can be big to lose

Vfranks

Vfranks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well as said already, the turbo and ultra turbo has high variance. I believe, at least it used to be the case, that you would want to have a larger bankroll to cover that variance. You are going to lose, but as long as you keep getting it in good, and have the roll to cover the downswings, you should be alright. Just have to learn to not sweat the bad beats as much. It's much easier said than done, though :).

M

martin17887

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a breather and don't go on tilt. One hand doesn't make your tournament.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that no one's perfect, mistakes are made even by the professionals, what to speak of ordinary players!

T

tojobaggins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking the game to seriously

Leads to overthinking and a greater sense of loss when things dont go your way.. tiillltt :eek:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GET OVER IT bad beats will happen to everyone equally chalk it up

P

panapper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO you find less donkey's in the higher stakes but they are still everywhere, phill hellmuth is well known for getting beaten by dreadful and then blowing right up after it, dont let it get to the best of you and keep in mind too its unwise to go broke in a limped pot

K

KevinLee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would recommend Jared Tendler's books. Controlling your emotions is essential in order to be successful in poker.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure - do not overtake!
In all actions there must be logic.