Are men superior to women in poker?

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess the question should be : Why would anyone believe that pokerskills have anything to do with the gender of the player ???

C

chinito2410

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that womens are playing al ot od sports that frequently play with mens
In some disciplines womens are netter than mens

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no gender dominance in poker, it's a skill defined game. If you practice your skills in this game it doesn't matter what gender you are, it matters how much skills you have.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
First I will tell you that there are several women who have won the wsop bracelets. Second, it is difficult to see a female finalist in the main event because if we realize it we will see that they do not reach the 5% of players who manage to play this tournament and so it is a little more difficult to achieve it.

L

ludinj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alot more men play poker than women, thas is why you see more men champions

M

mike1113

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely not

I strongly feel that men and women have no inherent differences in poker skill/potential, I think the reason we see such a male-dominated field in the poker industry is because men are typically more aggressive and more prone to go out and get exactly what they want (in my experience), so they'll be more prone to taking bold lines and moving up through the stakes. There's also something to be said about the heavy math side of poker and as we see in the gender disparities in STEM fields, men seem more naturally drawn to math and things of that nature so I feel like poker is a result of that as well.

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The difference in the physical structure is nothing but.
As for your calculations, they are wrong and not based on a scientific study, for example, what is the total number of male and female players participating in any tournament, from here we find the percentage of reaching the final table whenever the number of female participants is weak in front of the number of males, reaching the end is very weak

V

valen_niyee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm interesting. I’d like to watch or play if some poker rooms create tournament for this argument. So the tournament will have the same ratio of man and woman. The one who can play is top 50 man and top 50 woman From the player ranking.

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so .. my couple also play poker and we usually play in pairs and usually beat me in tournaments ahead of me :)

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are far fewer women in poker than men, but they are the decoration of this game. If they had as much free time as men, the bracelets would be divided equally.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on the whole i would say men are superior to women because women contain more compassion than men on the whole. Poker is very cut throat and you have to be fearless and always going for the other players jugular. When womens compassionate side kicks in and they hesitate. Now dont misunderstand me some women are just as cut throat as the best male players and are very successful poker players. But on the whole men are less compationate and more fearless making them better players.

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just like in chess, it's the same story

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont believe so. they are equal. its a matter of experience

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are fewer women playing compared to the number of men, it is statistical.
In addition, women have the virtue of being more affectionate than us, men tend to be more aggressive, perhaps that is reflected in poker.

The sweetness of women complements the male-female duality :)
gracias

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are more men than women playing poker but by no means are men better, we are all the same, what's more, they have much more patience than us.:D

K

Keith557444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Men are not superior at poker it seems that way because the ratio of men to women is 10/1 so that is why you dont see the women winning as much look at it this way lets say you play in 10 tourneys and u don't cash in any of them does that mean everyone else in those tourneys are superior to u no it just mean the odds are against u winning with the amount of players playing same way with men to women playing more men play then women so the odds of a woman winning is much greater then a man due to the difference in men to women ratio

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are more men playing poker than women,but thay are hardly superior.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Men are actually not superior to women in most things....... Just as women are also not.

Perhaps in physical strength in general (being a gender thing, like beards, men are superior to women in beards and general physique), but women are supreior to men in pain (think child birth).

So, individuals are superior to other individuals in certain things, and in other things not.

There is no one size fits all. I witnessed the birth of my daughter. Kudos to my wife for not only going through this, but agreeing to do it again with her next birth.......

I only let myself get kicked in the balls once.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no superior gender in poker. Poker is a game of skill and luck, gender or physical strengths or weaknesses does not come into play on the poker table.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that sex has nothing to do with seeing who is better or not because if we do a statistic and quantify the number of women that exist playing poker we will find that there are fewer women who play and more men clear answers. It shows that the majority of winners are men because the numbers are on our side who will win more if at a table of 9 there is 1 woman and eight men, there is the probability that a man wins it is certain because it will depend on the cards that is true, or what does the rest of the community think

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch Maria Ho :) Start at 18:00...she gets AA..watch her check ACES to the end in perfect stance and timing per street...put the whole table on silent (classic!) and they never knew what she could be holding, ever.. gave her the edge to end up with $103,400 by the end of the session. Meanwhile the dudes are yapping away their money throughout game. Case solved:) BTW she is also a commentator.
IMO when live, know when to talk to be polite, and know when to STFU and kick ass:) Awesome clip, huge fan.

Last edited:
efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, I think your comment is a bit sexist, few women win tournaments because fewer than men participate, simply because of that women or men there is no difference, the level that is better prepared and better skills will win ... .

jcxmendes

jcxmendes

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
men and women have the ability, which defines who and more covers and who uses their skill and knowledge to get good results

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No

Men do out number women at the poker tables so it may look that way but, I know some pretty good female players.