Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone.

I think I already told you that I own a taxi and with it I made a living for now (someday it will be with poker?).
Today, talking to a passenger, I learned that I was an NL100 and Zoom poker player (I still don't know what this is). He told me that his income was around 5000 dollars per month average but that once a week he took coach with someone who charged him $ 300 an hour to do it.
He also told me that at certain levels coaching was essential to improve winrate.
I reserve the name of the player and his coach but then I will look for them in sharkscope.
It seems reasonable what this player told me?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Greetings from Buenos Aires.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it definitely is mate. If you have a dream, why not pursue it a little?

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does not sound reasonable to me, not online. Keep your job as your source of income, my friend, and play freerolls for fun. Life as a professional gambler is neither easy nor glamorous, it's quite the opposite in my opinion.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that any player can succeed in poker if they have a strong desire and motivation. And I believe that the assistance of a coach in this is not necessary.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can improve your game (and you need it) without a coach. The main thing is desire and hard work. A coach needs to be hired only to fix any specific faces in his game that cannot be fixed on his own.

K

Kmason531

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not sound reasonable to me, not online. Keep your job as your source of income, my friend, and play freerolls for fun. Life as a professional gambler is neither easy nor glamorous, it's quite the opposite in my opinion.

It is reasonable but you are absolutely right it is a brutally difficult job. I did it for ~5 years prior to Black Friday and the vowed I'd never do it again because it was so stressful. However, after working in Finance for 6 years and being miserable I'm playing again, and I work harder than I ever have just to stay ahead of the curve at low limit online poker. I'm playing 6 hours a day while doing focused study 2 hours day and spending another couple of hours day absorbing as much poker as I can. In a normal week I probably dedicate 60 hours to poker.

K

Kmason531

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can improve your game (and you need it) without a coach. The main thing is desire and hard work. A coach needs to be hired only to fix any specific faces in his game that cannot be fixed on his own.

I would say you also need a coach if you don't have a strong poker ecosystem around you. A lot of times you have holes in your game that you don't even know are holes, you think what you're doing is standard only to find out that's what's causing you to be stuck at the stakes you are.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep your job and play for fun and if something bigger happens it will guide you to the other direction

V

Vlad Nesterenko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is so, but I probably have not grown to the level to advise anything about this