Meditation

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone do any kind of meditation before starting to play or any kind of physical exercise?

If yes, give us some tips !!!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually don't do any kind of meditation or physical exercise before playing poker, but after facing bad beats I usually do some breathing exercises to relieve the stress.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do both but completely aside from poker.

My tip - exercise and meditate daily for a healthy body and mind.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I liked this question. Perhaps an aid will help to perform better in the game of poker.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do it very often before/after I play poker or when I feel upset or stressed. And it actually works for me, I feel more comfortable and more focused.

W

wellalmeida

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually don't do any kind of meditation or physical exercise before playing poker, but after facing bad beats I usually do some breathing exercises to relieve the stress.

That mate, the word is BREATH, I always forget about it, now I won't forget it anymore

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You pull up the theory and try to move to a higher level, pay attention to meditation. Constant training allows you to control brain activity and consciously alternate states of tension and relaxation. The ability to control your own emotions and thoughts is a key feature of a professional poker player. Meditation will help to master such skills. And if earlier the benefits of meditation for a poker player were repeatedly discussed on professional poker forums, now popular athletes all over the world speak about spiritual practices. It is known that meditation is practiced by one of the most famous professionals of the pokerstars team, Daniel Negreanu. As a meditation, the athlete considers not only classical spiritual practices, but also just moments of peace and purification of thoughts.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never done anything like this, I always start playing according to my mood, if I'm in a good mood, then I play poker, if I'm in a bad mood, then I don't play.
Sometimes I do physical exercises during tournament breaks, I do 30 squats, otherwise my legs get numb from sitting in one place for a long time.

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good point. I must confess I have never tried it. However, it might help me sometimes to get some composure and thus increase my patience. I hope I remember that the next time I might need it.

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone do any kind of meditation before starting to play or any kind of physical exercise?

If yes, give us some tips !!!

I try to stay in what you may call a meditative state throughout the session.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It would be nice to learn how to meditate and see if it helps somehow in the game.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
My physical exercise before the game is to go and make myself a cup of coffee, and my meditation is to smoke. Sad, but I admit that I have such stupid habits. :(

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't meditate, but being calm, rested and focussed improves my game a lot.
So i guess meditating can help those who are used to it

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
There are supporters of the theory that meditation can change something in our lives as well as opponents of this theory. If one has runaway thoughts, meditation can calm the mind.
I am not meditating. Just having a good night's sleep helps me a lot.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
During breaks, I warm up, do stretching and exercise.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually do exercises and meditation before playing poker, but after a day of games, I go for a walk and analyze each tournament I've participated in.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do meditate and exercise but not at a time that is directly to do with poker, but I still feel overall because they are incorporated into my lifestyle, I do feel they indirectly help with poker and other things in life. I like my mind completely clear before I begin a poker session, so its very important for me to get any “To Do” items complete before I play poker.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't meditate, but sometimes I can just go for a walk before the tournament. Although in my opinion meditation is a more effective way of preparation.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Nowadays, wherever you look, you will not find a professional poker player anywhere who does not meditate. It feels like it is practiced by absolutely everyone. Meditation is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to take your game to the next level. And if your decision to meditate was purely out of a desire to improve your life off the tables, you'll soon notice how it changes your mindset at the tables as well. Focus on the sound of your own breathing as you consider whether or not to bet. After you have successfully done this for one arm or the whole circle, turn your attention to vision. Watch each opponent, how they look at their cards, how their hands move when they bet. And in the end, you can move on to touch: feel the cards with your fingers or how your diaphragm contracts while you are trying to figure out if the reg is going to 6-bet bluff or not.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Meditation feels to me like a waste of time, always did ...
I'm usually always pretty calm, even during losing streaks.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm not doing anything, I just want to go to the table!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
In fact, I don't have any preparation before the game, because unfortunately I don't have time for that. But in general, before the game I always try to relax, just lying on the couch.
Good luck.