Marriage vs. Poker

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were a poker addict and it was affecting your marriage, would you quit playing poker if it meant not losing your wife?

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the answer is obvious. it is only a game and it is better to choose to promote the well-being of your couple. you can always come back and play in secret when she goes on a trip.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What nonsense it is to lose a family because of passion

swerdnase

swerdnase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's an easy answer when you rephrase the question: if you had an addiction problem and it was affecting your familial relationships, would you quit your addiction to save your family?

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Marriage

Seems like a pretty easy answer for me to answer with I would pick marriage over poker IF poker would cost me my marriage. Poker is a game and marriage and that relationship and commitment made far out weighs Poker.

GL ALL! :D

Argonaut

Argonaut

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thankfully my wife plays more poker than I do. In further relationship advice:

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
If you are only playing for fun, then the answer is obvious. Stick to your wife and play once in a while. But if your life depends on poker, then she should've known about it before saying "yes". In that case, you are probably playing on a set schedule that she has to respect.

bkniefel

bkniefel

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the individuals in the relationship. Just because you were playing poker once a week could upset the other individual in the relationship because they don't like poker or are maybe against gambling (even if it is not for money).

I think most people are okay with it unless it is digging into savings and it becomes serious enough to where your good relationship is turning into a bad beat on the river. At that point, something would have to change but that is why we're here to learn from others and to practice bankroll management. :) I like those who have said that their partner plays more than them! Haha :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's an obvious answer if you are a person that is not addicted to poker, because family is always more important. But if the person has a gambling addiction everything get more complicated, we don't know how their mind works and sometimes they ended up choosing the game instead of their family :(

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As somebody who chose to delay getting married until much later in life, I guess I kind of made that choice already haha.

My career goals come first, poker, online business etc. But that's just me. You will have to answer this question for yourself.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was offered money not to play poker would you?

I was offered money not to play poker would you?
I thought it was funny I'm retired an have family here an only on certain tourneys I like to play on, an tourney start at 1:00 well with respect I work before an after meals preparing, I was offered 1.00 not to play, its not the money, its the fun an game to win, or skill, Its not interfering like its not my fault they didnt start the grill early lol like I asked them to, There the ones that sat around watching tv.:D

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the whole game is worth losing the family. Family first.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think your choice of spouse is lower than in any game, including poker. When choosing a spouse, you focused on living with that person for at least several decades. And poker is just a game that doesn't make you much money. But if you got married when you were a wealthy and successful poker player, and this is a part of your life that your wife knew about, and this is a way to make money for the necessities of life, then that is your business.
Basically, a good wife will support her husband in everything. Since this is her conscious choice of such a husband, and she realized what to expect from him.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, the family is always more important and should come first. But I am also convinced that a compromise can be found that will suit all parties.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I were a poker addict, then first of all I would go for treatment)))) Any addiction is bad !!!!

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family should always be the most important thing. No matter what role poker plays in your life. There are things you can't step over. This does not mean that you can not calmly discuss problems and try to find a compromise, but unlike the family, poker will not be with you throughout your life. And at any moment, poker can just throw you on the sidelines of life.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you pay attention to your family poker can't be a problem

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think poker interferes with marriage. If you spend more time with your family​

O

OnitheCroc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
what is important

I think unless you have an addiction just play with moderation and save your marriage

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you were a poker addict and it was affecting your marriage, would you quit playing poker if it meant not losing your wife?

I can't even imagine it.
I am married and have two children. My wife takes care of their upbringing and household chores. I earn money, I work 5-6 days a week. Poker for me is a hobby, a good opportunity to have fun and be distracted. My wife respects me and never contradicts me.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Everything is relative. But sometimes there are wives that it is better to choose poker. I also think that you can always find a solution that will suit both husband and wife.

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Family first !

But Just you know what is more important to you.