***March Megalomania Poker Chat Thread***

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a great day at 50nl today. Up 5.5 buyins, and it felt fricking GREAT. I am now "unstuck" for the month so it feels like I am starting from scratch. Let's hope the rebound continues up!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had a great day at 50nl today. Up 5.5 buyins, and it felt fricking GREAT. I am now "unstuck" for the month so it feels like I am starting from scratch. Let's hope the rebound continues up!

5.5 buy-ins at 50nl is enough to unstick you and you were complaining about your month ????

fwiw, my all-in EV line says I should be break-even for the month, but the real money line disagrees and says i'm still $1600 in the red...

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5.5 buy-ins at 50nl is enough to unstick you and you were complaining about your month ????

fwiw, my all-in EV line says I should be break-even for the month, but the real money line disagrees and says i'm still $1600 in the red...

Never believe the real money line. Just assume EV is always correct and go from there ldo.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I obv get my money in so bad and coolered as my EV line is exactly where my real money line is..... and it's not a goot place to be :(.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never believe the real money line. Just assume EV is always correct and go from there ldo.

easier said then done...

besides, all-in luck is only a small part of the luck component of poker. Coolers probably have at least as big an effect, and those are so much harder to analyze.

but yes, the EV line is probably a slightly better indicator of how good you play then the money line.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my ev line is rigged, don't give me none of that 'i'm 2 buyins above EV' crap after some guy 5bet to $22 and i called thinking he was all in, turned out he had $2 left behind and we put it in on an ace high flop, he had a,j i had kings, i bink a king on the turn, so im supposedly running like god, psh

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my ev line is rigged, don't give me none of that 'i'm 2 buyins above EV' crap after some guy 5bet to $22 and i called thinking he was all in, turned out he had $2 left behind and we put it in on an ace high flop, he had a,j i had kings, i bink a king on the turn, so im supposedly running like god, psh

well, all our EV lines are rigged at least because HEM still has a bug that underestimates EV in multiway pots.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My volume control on my laptop is most deffo rigged. No matter what way I press it, it goes up :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, all our EV lines are rigged at least because HEM still has a bug that underestimates EV in multiway pots.

So I *haven't* been imagining that the HEM EV line didn't look right...

good to know

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Good to hear that you are doing better! I'm not up, I'm not down but kinda stuck in a rut. Well, I'm actually up about $30 bucks from the original $11 I started with on stars, but after the first three days it's been back and forth. I started playing the $2 HU today and won the first three after giving the $5 4 seat HU matches a try (I broke even on those).

I'm really thinking of giving a micro buyin tourney a go today. Anyone suggest a good starting point there on stars?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$2 180 man ?

The CC invasion ?

CC money added tournys ?

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jezz, 1,400 hands today not a single set, ran overpairs into sets 4 times. FFS.

Break time, gonna go do some shit, play more poker then go to the pub

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear yall r having a good March. I turned a year older this month, haven't hit ITM all month on MTTs, and have been layed off for over a month. Rough start to 09. But maybe a sign of things to come my lay off ended this past Thur. as I got on with RCI and will b working 3 12s and getting payed nicely for 40. HOOOOORAY! Downside is the shifts r on Thur Fri and Sat nights so I'll miss my weekend tourneys but oh well. Just glad poker doesnt have to be my main income cause the kids would be starving the way I playin right now.LOL

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so my friend won a $10k seat to the wsop ME yesterday. final hand was his 88>KK aipf to bubble scott fischman :)

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks dg that put a big smile on my face. Thats F***in funny I 'm sendin that to a few ppl.

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5.5 buy-ins at 50nl is enough to unstick you and you were complaining about your month ???? fwiw, my all-in EV line says I should be break-even for the month, but the real money line disagrees and says i'm still $1600 in the red...

Well geeze man here I thought we were gonna be friends. I was up +1k to start the month, then within 2 days was at -$225 for the month. That kind of downswing I think it worth a few "crap this sucks" words. Anyways thanks for the pat on the back after a good day. Good luck to you.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
March is making us all go crazy.....

finally gold, hopefully that means boomswitch

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sitting in a mall food court eating Chinese food while waiting for a haircut..and on CC. I need friends.

Is there a CC invasion tonight?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
March = poor volume only 14k hands so far LOL!!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn just lost a 300 BB pot KK < AA AIPF, no big deal, just so happened that I'm 9-tabling with 8 200 and 1 400nl. Guess which table it happened at?

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh, March now officially sucks. **** all you guys and your negativity. You destroyed my chi. How in the hell do the two 80 VPIP guys at the table both get ****ing dealt Aces when I get kings? How is that even fair?

Ugh, time for a break. Time to go kick some kittens to make myself feel better.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh, March now officially sucks. **** all you guys and your negativity. You destroyed my chi. How in the hell do the two 80 VPIP guys at the table both get ****ing dealt Aces when I get kings? How is that even fair?

Ugh, time for a break. Time to go kick some kittens to make myself feel better.

That sounds like a reason to invade earth if I ever heard one. Canceling single female lawyer seems like nothing compared to that !