Making withdrawals

A

Alessandra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone,

I'm a bit of a newbie, and I'm about to make my first withdrawal. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as which way is the best to go about it? I'm leaning towards cheque at the moment.

Cheers :)

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You may not have any choice in your withdrawal method - it rather depends upon the poker site, and the method that you made your initial deposit.

Many sites (probably most of them actually) will insist that withdrawals are paid back by the same method as your initial deposit, at least up to the amount of your initial deposit.

For example, if you deposited $100 via credit card, they will insist that the first $100 of withdrawal go back to the same credit card. Another point to bear in mind is that some credit cards will not allow deposits at all. If you do have a choice, I would say that a cheque is the best option, because many credit cards (certainly the UK based ones) treat money from poker sites as cash withdrawals, so you will get charged!!

Check the rules of the site that you play at, and take a cheque if that option is available to you.

Mortis

Mortis

Skeleton Crew
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Instead of making a completely new topic, I thought I'd post in this one, since I have a different.. but somewhat similar question. I hope you guys don't mind.

I don't have a bank account. I just hate dealing with banks. I do have one of those Wal-Mart visa cards, though. I know I can use that to deposit money onto my poker account, but would I still be able to withdraw it from my account and put it onto my card? Anybody have experience with those Wal-Mart visa cards?

If not, what about using paypal?

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know of any poker sites that accept Paypal as either a deposit or withdrawal method. I'm from the UK, so know nothing about the Wal-Mart visa. However, if poker sites accept it as a deposit method, I see no reason why they should not allow you to withdraw to it. I'd recommend that you err on the side of caution though and contact support of the poker site that you have in mind and ask them.

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's often a painful learning curve, Alessandra, but depends obviously which site and where you are.

I'm in australia and play on i-poker network, so although I can deposit to a credit card can't withdraw that way. The only way I could get my money at the time was an express cheque, which cost $US30 and took 10 days.

The cheque came in international currency, so cost $A50 to process and took five weeks.

I eventually got it all but the surge in the australian dollar in the meatime actually cost me more money (five per cent - but still counts!).

Anyway, i have since opened a neteller account and once activated the whole things now takes just over a day.

So i say to you, think carefully before you act, but had i opened a neteller account in the first place i would have more money in a tenth of the time.

good luck

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of making a completely new topic, I thought I'd post in this one, since I have a different.. but somewhat similar question. I hope you guys don't mind.

I don't have a bank account. I just hate dealing with banks. I do have one of those Wal-Mart visa cards, though. I know I can use that to deposit money onto my poker account, but would I still be able to withdraw it from my account and put it onto my card? Anybody have experience with those Wal-Mart visa cards?

If not, what about using PayPal?

Depending on your country of origon, some of the sites now accept Paypal for deposits and withdrawals, not for US players, though. Same applies to Firepay. I like ePassporte for withdrawals personally, although getting an account setup is a PIA. Can't use ePass at bodog right now either, though, so be wary of that.

A

Alessandra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Guy_incognito. I'm from Aus too!

Boltneck

Boltneck

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alessandra - I'm glad that guy posted about his cash out experience. I had (rather foolishly) assumed that you were British. You used the word "cheque" rather than "check" in your original post, so I gathered that you were not from the States, and therefore jumped to the conclusion that you were British. At least guy has put an Australian perspective on you original question.

Guy - I too play on iPoker, and my experience of cashing out from there has been very different from yours. I have accounts on 2 different ipoker sites so far (bonus hunting of course). My current site is VC (which is a UK based chain of betting shops - albeit the poker arm is Gibraltar based I think) and Betfred. I was able to cash out from Betfred via mastercard with no problem. I don't think it's the poker site so much as the credit card that's the problem. Mastercard / Visa in some countries seem to be much more relaxed about poker sites deposits cashouts than others. I guess Aus. is one of the more cautious ones. I am able to cash out from VC at no cost by cheque, and get the cheque within 48 hours. Also, the deposits that I make are in £ sterling, rather than $. Again, I guess this is because VC is British based.

It's obviously a very varied situation with regards cashing out from country to country. I know that our USA friends have trouble (including I believe with Neteller) due to their absurd (and somewhat hypocritical in my opinion) political leaders who apparently consider poker to be a sin. Such a shame.

Again, apologies for any misleading advice that I gave to Alessandra whilst of the misguided opinion that you are British!

G

guy incognito

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bolt - you're right about the credit cards but it does say on their withdrawal section australia is a country allowed on the whole withdrawal to visa scheme but the management overuled it, saying it was their discretion. that's their call but aside from the time factor all told it cost me $400 which is about all most people would be cashing out.

Allesandra - my other piece of advice if you open a netteller account is to provide them all the info they need straight away (so they can process it and you're good to go)

On the neteller website is a mastercard/visa linked to the neteller called globe-wallet. apply for that straight away cause it takes just over a week to process.

it's basically a visa/mastercard you can withdraw your netteller funds and i have tested it with smaller amounts (just to make sure) and you can use it in ATM's here in Oz.

My withdrawal issues are finally all behind me now - im just waiting for that really big win!

That is my experience and I'm all set up now, but have you asked them about a bank transfer??

that is one thing that wasn't ever suggested to me in my numerous conversations with the online help because they neither know nor care about issues out here in australia.

but a friend of mine, although yet to withdraw any money, is the cautious type and looked into that before he signed up with them.

He said as long as you have an international code for your bank, Titan should be able to transfer the money to your bank.

I use netteller because my main business is horseracing and i use a few international sites

A

Alessandra

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol boltneck. Thanks again.
Thanks for the netteller tip guy_incognito - will definitely look into that.

Cheerio