Chips
Last edited by a moderator:
Genso Hikki

Genso Hikki

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, if you make poker an Olympic sport, what about Rummy or Spades or even go fish...

I'm sorry, I'm not sure poker belongs at the Olympics. It's not an athletic sport...

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah hm, i dunno, table games shouldnt count to be in the olympics i dont think.

they would have to include chess and checkers and all types of popular card games lol

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
POWER SKATING, WEIGHT LIFTING, 100 METER DASH....poker.....

Doesn't fit for me man, sorry.

wickedlovely

wickedlovely

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep, lifting those chips and tossing'em in the pot takes loads of athletic ability. I can see it now, there'll be medal competitions for 'poker chip tricks' (who'll get the first 10.0 from the Russian judge?!!) and 'poker face endurance'.

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i scored a 9.5 from putin in the poker face endurance comp.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thinly veiled spam under a crappy "OMG OLYMPIC POKAR" guise, lol.

i haven't deleted the thread so we can all continue to comment on how hilarious the thought of olympic poker is.

Snowman1964

Snowman1964

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An Olympic sport??? What next? 1500m cross dressing, syncronised parallel parking, 4 x 100m relay farting? With the greatest respect, poker is a wonderful passtime but it's not a sport. Mind you, I'd happily lobby for a womens Olympic team event just so I could see Jennifer Tilley swap shirts after the game.
Just a thought.

Snowman

XXX

Snowman1964

Snowman1964

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had another thought...how would players like Phil Helmuth compete if they scored artistic impression over technical merit?

M

maxtheknife

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
how would you pick that team ,everyone thinks thier the best.since the online era of poker has come to light everyone is a pro now.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how would you pick that team ,everyone thinks thier the best.since the online era of poker has come to light everyone is a pro now.

We would just clone a bunch of hellmuth's.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gold medal is automatically awarded to the dude who plays with his feet.

P

poker2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Laugh if you want... Look it up, korfball is recognized. Something called "wushu" is recognized. Poker has a following and ratings.

Equestrian is a sport. Tug of war was a sport until around 1916 or 20. Check out the Olympics own website under "sports" if you don't believe me.

Would your poker heros play for the love of the sport? To reresent their country?

P

poker2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And I'm sorrry about the spam thing.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was actually a cartoon about this awhile back. A bunch of really strong guys lifting the solid metal chips and cards. "If you want to go all-in, you've gotta really work hard".

Funny cartoon (wish I could find it, it's probably not that funny with me just telling you), but in reality, poker's not an olympic sport. When they put chess in, then maybe you'll have a case for poker.

Rossta

Rossta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps the World Card Game Championships

HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Laugh if you want... Look it up, korfball is recognized. Something called "wushu" is recognized. Poker has a following and ratings.

Equestrian is a sport. Tug of war was a sport until around 1916 or 20. Check out the Olympics own website under "sports" if you don't believe me.

your kidding right? You know the difference between every single one of those and poker? The physical part of the sport! Its what makes it a sport! And no, sitting in one chair for 10 hours is not an athletic test.

All those sports require physical strength and endurance, which poker does not. Thats why they can be olympic sports and poker cant.

On a bright note: Most hilarious idea ever, gotta love it, probably the only sport where an 80 year old can be a gold medalist lol

P

poker2012

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bridge is recognized. look it up at olympics.org under sports. Sumo is recognized. Orienteering is recognized. Not much athleticism in that. Poker is more than just sitting on your kiester.

royalburrito24

royalburrito24

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker must be a sport! They air it on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPNClassic all the time!

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody wants to watch girls in tight shorts play softball, why would they want to watch dozens of old men sitting?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody wants to watch girls in tight shorts play softball, why would they want to watch dozens of old men sitting?

have you ever seen jennie finch, google her. best female softball player ever. and she is bad to look at either.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they should make the female players do jumping jacks between hands. that would get me to watch.

Cheetah

Cheetah

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just had another thought...how would players like Phil Helmuth compete if they scored artistic impression over technical merit?

Are we also going to allow children in the Olymics?