Make no mistake about poker: not everyone is a winner

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who in your life has not tried to deceive yourself thinking that everything would work?
in many times we think that we can deceive ourselves, with tricks of memory, saying ... in the end everything will be fine, and I will win!
We can say that this is rather a first mistake of a poker player, be it beginner or advanced, many say has a limit to play and if wins (x),he stops,to .... or if loses the value (y), he stops .
How to know when poker is dominating you to the point of making you not realize that you are breaking your bankroll and thus leading you to a financial and pisicoligic defeat?

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If we did not make mistakes in poker, we would become millionaires. That's how poker is made, sometimes you lose, sometimes you win. But it is certainly the service that definitely brings us the money. Poker is a hobby, at least for me.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is key for me to be content to follow all the events at the table.When I get upset, then I'm starting to lose.Maintaining concentration throughout the tournament is the key.

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are not robots. People tend to make mistakes. Much more important is to learn from their mistakes. I think it's impossible to play poker and not make mistakes. Because poker does not all depend on the human factor, but also on fortune telling.

belka2203

belka2203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If poker hobby and the game just for fun that is one thing. If a person decides to make money at poker, then he has a lot to learn, and how big the competition in any business you need to learn and practice a lot. And a bear can be taught to ride a bike.

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that if everyone wins poker there would be no players or it would not be so exciting, I believe not all soccer players have been successful just like in other sports.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Living and learning to play, not always winning, not always losing, but learning to play."

Serbianbeauty

Serbianbeauty

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That seems to be similar in life, but we can all be winners in some aspect of our life. Maybe not in poker unless playing for entertainment is a form of winning to you. It is fun for me and I am enjoying the journey as it is new; hopefully that will continue for some time and maybe even get good enough to make decent money and move up in stakes. For now, at least I'm playing a lot and lot losing money; it's a start. :)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Poker as in life is very similar
You can’t always win or always lose

If you treat it as pleasure fine but as a professional it’s a long long way to go.
Winning an online tournament or live tournament doesn’t make you a pro

N

naVeela

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You learn from your mistakes, thats life brother.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing within your means is key. Being able to take a bad beat in stride and not tilt isn't easy, but is key to going deep in tournaments.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who in your life has not tried to deceive yourself thinking that everything would work?
in many times we think that we can deceive ourselves, with tricks of memory, saying ... in the end everything will be fine, and I will win!
We can say that this is rather a first mistake of a poker player, be it beginner or advanced, many say has a limit to play and if wins (x),he stops,to .... or if loses the value (y), he stops .
How to know when poker is dominating you to the point of making you not realize that you are breaking your bankroll and thus leading you to a financial and pisicoligic defeat?

Hi There
Good point!!!
There is something called self-sabotage
We learn this when trading stocks or commodities
There is a tendency in the brain to suffer instead of joy
People prefer to cry and not laugh
Anyway mindset is the most important in Poker
Rgds

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many cash players in poker use the so-called "stop-loss" in order not to lose more than they can afford to lose! it also works with winnings - we fix the profit!

Pharaoh39

Pharaoh39

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi There
Good point!!!
There is something called self-sabotage
We learn this when trading stocks or commodities
There is a tendency in the brain to suffer instead of joy
People prefer to cry and not laugh
Anyway mindset is the most important in Poker
Rgds

As a day trader I agree. Butt having discipline is key. In poker like day trading, there are going to be bad days weeks, and sometimes months. It's not about how much you make, buy what you can KEEP and don't lose so you have another day to come back.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
Poker as in life is very similar
You can’t always win or always lose

If you treat it as pleasure fine but as a professional it’s a long long way to go.
Winning an online tournament or live tournament doesn’t make you a pro

Hi There
No It does not make anyone pro ..... But it gives an up on your self esteem and look for the next game more confident
Rgds

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as you sit down at the game, you can immediately consider yourself addicted. Therefore, I consider it necessary to determine for myself the necessary time to play for every day.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People that are the most motivated will stay with it having more success. If you accept failure without putting in a fair amount of time to learn, you wont stay motivated to play.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it wasn't for luck I would be an internet poker millionaire by now. At least that's what I tell myself when I have a long losing streak.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I knew once I blew the bankroll I had allotted myself at microstakes. From there, you just have to say, okay, I need to get better, because even if I am just playing for fun, losing is not fun. Once I get better, I will deposit again, but for now I need to work on my game.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make no mistake about poker: not everyone is a winner

There are many more losers then winners. Even some of us that think we are winning are losers.

L

Lazerx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mistakes

gotta make some mistakes to get better such is so in life

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To win is to lose when others are losing.
To lose is to win when others are winning.
To know the difference is the rake.

F

Framona

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I win some, I lose some, but I continue to learn and grow with the game.

Winner Poker