Luck, what is it?

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After spending a little time, and getting to know many members of the forum. I noticed that in this community, and in General, people pay a lot of attention to such a term as "Luck". I'd like to talk about it. What is Luck?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After spending a little time, and getting to know many members of the forum. I noticed that in this community, and in General, people pay a lot of attention to such a term as "Luck". I'd like to talk about it. What is Luck?
in poker, luck only needs losers
skill and experience and knowledge are important in poker
want luck go play the lottery and roulette

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your rate of success when future decisions are not in your hands. (For example, in a pre-river all-in situation)

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On my mind luck is the event you need, but which does not depend only from you and have odds to happen less 30%.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hopefully, it is going against the odds and win. Only serve you for a few hands, not to be a good player:D:D

mpelletier92

mpelletier92

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is what you need when you can't afford bad decisions.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am lucky to chance upon this thread.

Out of 7.7 billion people on earth;
Hundreds of poker platform;
288,867 members in CC;
276,508 Threads;

I read and replied.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is luck,
Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At least you need head, some brains and one hand to deal:icon_joke

I have quite a long history with slots though. 1 thing about these machines is;

Never rush into playing a losing machine. If you saw someone losing alot on one machine and left, don't think you will win if you chase it. Probability of you losing more is very high.
Vice verse, if you saw someone won and left, quickly sit and chase it. Chances of another jackpot is very high.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have quite a long history with Slots though. 1 thing about these machines is;

Never rush into playing a losing machine. If you saw someone losing alot on one machine and left, don't think you will win if you chase it. Probability of you losing more is very high.
Vice verse, if you saw someone won and left, quickly sit and chase it. Chances of another jackpot is very high.
Simply logic tell me vice versa. But in online no work no one:nurse:

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think luck in poker is a delusion. To often win poker, the need to constantly improve their gaming skills. At long distances, poker is a skill. But if there was no luck factor, then poker would not have become a popular game.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true that a little luck in poker can make the difference between being a great success and be someone who never reaches. However, that does not mean we should trust that luck will bring in money.
Maybe you've seen those guys who carry objects of "luck" or protectors of letters in all live tournaments. While luck there, so that some people will spend your whole life losing and gaining other, it is not correct to attribute "luck" as a property of a particular object. Sort of like a mystical quality that continues to favor certain people or objects is a myth in poker.
Instead of waiting to get lucky, we want to do everything in our power to improve your skill in poker. Besides helping to get a realistic idea of ​​what to expect in terms of chance. Most people underestimate the effect of high variation in poker. It is common for poker players brag after winning a sample size of some simple hundreds of hands. This shows that they do not fully understand the results of a small sample size are far less a fruit of skill and more a lucky fruit in poker.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
You can't pretend to win in poker depending on your good luck ...! In poker luck does not exist ... it is demonstrated through ODDS calculations the percentage that a certain hand has to win ... Now when you win a hand like pj. JJ against AA ... and on the flop another J appears and you have won that spot ... that is called variance. I will also tell you that the determination to play a certain hand is yours ... it will be your analyst who will tell you whether or not to play that hand, therefore there is no luck ... winning or losing in poker .. Always depend on your decisions in your calculations, your skills and your reading of your opponents ... and that is no luck ...!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck is what happens when the experience meets the opportunity. in the short term without it we can survive and reach ITM places but surely not win a tournament. However, in the long run, if you want to have a chance to become a true winning player, we will have to forget all that. You have cards, you have to play them. And this in the most efficient way possible. on a part luck is probably responsible for 90% of the results. Over a month, it goes to 10 or 15% and over a whole year is something between 2 and 5%.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more I play poker, the less I hope for luck and more for cold-blooded calculation. And statistics show that I'm on the right way)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
We say good luck when a good hand comes to us and we win, if we do not enter and lose we say bad luck .. and finally it is ... the server! :)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am so lucky to read this. There must be a true definition of luck in poker. "It was his lucky day." " Oooo I got lucky."

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
luck when you win 10 out of 10 hands:)

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me - it's a lucky day when my higher AX beats a lower AX. That is very hard for me to achieve so it's always cause for celebration.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is a neutral force that I'd say favors no one in the long run. That's because it all comes down to probabilities to be more specific. The rules behind probabilities favor everyone and yet no one. Meaning every dog has his day and everyone will have good runs and bad runs. It's just apart of the game and is what makes the game we play so thrilling.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Luck in poker. Well, it boils down to this fact-- not all hands in poker are made equal. What do I mean?

It is true that over large enough sample it is one's skill at the game that determines results of hands played, rather then anything else.

But it is one thing to have a coin flip all in for example in a CC MTT NLHE freeroll 6 minutes in vs a stack that already took a beating so is 1/3 of yours, then a coin flip all in 8 players remaining 20k guarantee that would make you an overwhelming chip leader that could just cruise to a multi k prize.

Yeah, you win one you lose the other statistically its all correct. But in which scenario does your hand hold and in which it doesn't makes a world of difference for your bankroll and ability to play.

There are games and hands that can be considered defining for your long term poker experience. Having those 50-50 hold there, rather in a random low importance situations-- is the factor of luck in this game.

Donsmak

Donsmak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my luck means when i do some mistakes or dont read the villian correctly but end up somehow wiinning the pot