TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
80% skill and 20% luck! That’s what the literature says!

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that a successful poker player must skillfully combine luck and skill in his game. Otherwise, it will be difficult to achieve success in the long run.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The player's intuition is definitely an important factor and affects the game and the result. But skills and experience must be the basis for intuitive decisions. Therefore, in any case, an experienced and skilled player can rely on intuition to a greater extent than a beginner.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Believe, both, however a skilled player is in advantage over the player whose counts only with luck!

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Obviously, a successful game requires both factors, skill and luck. But in my opinion, the skill of the player is the basis for success in the long run. Personally, I'm not used to counting on luck, and I rely on my own skills.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
both, skills obtained from experience and luck to avoid the bad beats! :deal:

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m totally intuition, play hands where other wouldn’t and make sets where others are rabbit hunting there’s. Even use intuition to fold big hands too.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course, there are players who can make decisions intuitively, and can even win a tournament. It happens. But it is obvious that players who rely only on intuition, eventually suffer financial losses.
Good luck.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a player who has been playing poker for more than 15 years. But I can say that in the last 3 years I feel like a more complete player. All I learned was from playing and not from books. I think I still need to polish some things but I am a very experienced player. That would be the word

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Sometimes I rely on intuition and it really helps me make the right decision, but nevertheless my intuition always tells me not to play with junk, to be patient and disciplined. :)

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
skill is better since luck does not always accompany me

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is more skill as the stakes go up. Also over large number of hands skill is reflected in winnings. Over short term variance/luck can have a profound effect on results.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am lucky enough having skills which help me understand that luck loses.

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Sorte ou Abilidade

I've been playing poker for about 22 years and I've noticed that in the case of online poker it's pure luck, I've already lost the bad accounts I took to horrible hands and horrible players.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is to maintain a balance between the two. but the technique always wins

R

Rabinachman1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
With the skill comes a luck. Good luck.
And with pation. You always see the luck!

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I think that if someone is a good player he got a luck. He know how play and in total he got a lot of luck.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I study a lot to develop my skills on poker.

H

Haikala2011

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing online is mostly down to pure luck. However, live games require much more skills.

R

ruco72

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skill will always be more important! Specially to help you out when you run out of luck!

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both situations apply to poker I believe.

When you know the math and you can do the numbers right on your head you are able to calculate your odds and how many outs you have, if there is a high chance I always go for it.

Lucky comes to the players that know how to read a poker hand/table, also paying attention to the other players is a factor, even in online games you can see the ones who like to steal a lot of hands and the ones that only play huge hands like JJ and above...

Overall I trust more the math then skill, to help i have a calc beside me, the rest is reading the players and their bets

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm an intuitive player, I don't study the game like the pros. This is more skill than luck, in time the results will come only if you study hard enough