S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I especially loved their details backing it up and all the references to where they came up with the statistic.

::rolls eyes::

I can't really find any good studies on the subject. It seems pretty understudied.

If you find a good study let me know. I don't really want to spend hours upon hours going over all the studies. lol.

N

Nutcracker69

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't really find any good studies on the subject. It seems pretty understudied.

If you find a good study let me know. I don't really want to spend hours upon hours going over all the studies. lol.

No joke, they block adult content here at the Nursing Home, so much of what's out there I can't access anyway.

BLACKSOLDIER

BLACKSOLDIER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to me women earn less so regardless of out saving men they will have less disposable income to risk.. Actually especially if they are out saving men.

Sar52

Sar52

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of women playing poker on the world stage ... they are not so noticeable yet

bujjhati

bujjhati

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
actually there is few women playing any games, its on our culture, usually the boys play with little cars, any other cards, like Yugi Oh, videogames, and when they grow up they play cards so much more often, and also on the computer.

Bertochi

Bertochi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The numbers of women that i see keep growing up, so thats a good sign!

nick619

nick619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To the creator of this thread:

Why don't we simply take gender out of the equation? Women want to be considered equals to men after all, as they should. I personally don't care if the people sitting at the poker table are women or men. The money is just as green at the end of the day.

A couple of things that stood out in this thread:

-"women reportedly earn 30% less than men". I don't know how true that is, but all the more reason to play poker. We all pay the same amount for the chips and when we cash out, we all get the same return. We're equals.

-The entire motherhood argument. I know a lot of deadbeat moms as well as deadbeat dads. Lets just call it parenthood and stop holding one gender as more of a parent than another. There is no double standard. I'm expected to be a great father as much as a woman is expected to be a great mother.

-I read somewhere in this article about men at the table flirting with women and it's unwanted, etc. Sometimes that may be the case, but other times women at the table are trying to use their "assets" to their advantage. Lets not play stupid here. We've all seen the woman sitting at the table with her tits hanging out trying to distract the men at the table. I've also seen the same woman crying about how men are always flirting with her and she is not an object. You can't have it both ways, people.

-marketing in poker. This is probably the only thing I agree with out of your entire post. Absolutely there is far more marketing towards men, but can you blame them? The majority of the audience poker attracts, as you know, are men. But there are ads out there that have a really good looking man posing with cards/chips/money/trophies. They're just far and in between. Perhaps they need to change their approach.

Anyways, I much prefer online poker. Online poker has no faces or genders.....or women with their tits hanging out trying to distract me.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-The entire motherhood argument. I know a lot of deadbeat moms as well as deadbeat dads. Lets just call it parenthood and stop holding one gender as more of a parent than another. There is no double standard. I'm expected to be a great father as much as a woman is expected to be a great mother.

This part was particularly laughable. You really believe that society holds mothers and fathers to the same standards? There is no double standard in parenting? You wanna stick with that?

I would concede that it is changing, ever so slowly...but at present there is still a huge gap in what society/culture expects from mothers and fathers.

I also don't expect to have a chance in convincing you.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But since I'm resurrecting this thread.... I got to thinking....there is possibly another demographic for the "Moneymaker effect" if not from women, then perhaps from senior citizens.

The boomers are retiring and are about to have a lot of free time and expendable income. If they could have a few high profile successes at the wsop and have a "poster boy" it might result in a surge of baby boomers.

just thinking out loud.

nick619

nick619

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This part was particularly laughable. You really believe that society holds mothers and fathers to the same standards? There is no double standard in parenting? You wanna stick with that?

I would concede that it is changing, ever so slowly...but at present there is still a huge gap in what society/culture expects from mothers and fathers.

I also don't expect to have a chance in convincing you.

Your entire post was laughable. Get off the woman power agenda and just call ourselves equals at the poker table. We don't need feminazis at the poker table.

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in nature laddies are interesting for other thinggs like shoping and similiar not many in poker is game for men......

MilosNCAA

MilosNCAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, i think right now a lot of women play poker...

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I think we need to have more paciensia with them for many more like not know how to play time agent have a little more paciensia with them these numbers may be higher.

Moonchild

Moonchild

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very interesting topic. :icon_thum

Next to the reasons why there are way more men playing, could it be that women feel more comfortable playing online then live? Live they're for sure more being confronted with sexism, flirting, testosterone ... I guess some women can turn this to their advantage, but I sadly presume this only counts for those who are considered 'very pretty' by men. They can distract the men just by being a women, no?

I'm just a girl playing low buy-in MTT's online and loving poker. I love watching it, love (alot) beating the men (especially in final stages of the game), but I should study more to get to the next level. For the moment I also don't have the money to play higher stakes. The money I win in poker I mostly use for my personal life. Only 10% goes into poker again. Why? Because I need it.

That being said ... does anyone of you have any figures on how many women are here in the CCforum? I posted a thread/poll about (low buy-in) Women MTT's and the response is :eek: .

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/all-girls-womens-mtts-308552/?referrerid=148986

MsNutHand

MsNutHand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I am a woman and play poker and as often as possible I post my comments here in the forum but I suppose that less than 20% of the active members are women.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps women are interested in other things rather than poker.

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing against female players but the lesser the better.. it is very tough to trick them, bluff against them.. plus if they are from brasil, Russia, Italy they are usually much better and skilled than me so ... so it makes it bigger challenge to win and honestly I dont like challenges.. :D

F0STER20

F0STER20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In fact, in recent years women in poker is becoming more and more, and it can not but rejoice

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And a few shots of female poker players. Please note I'm not judging or shaming these women at all. I look up to and adore most of them, and I say if you got it, flaunt it! Enjoy your time in the sun and squeeze every last dime out of your endorsement deals ladies! If I'm ever lucky enough to be featured in a poker photo shoot you can bet your ass I'm going to try and look as attractive as I can.

The only point I'm making is about poker advertising and marketing, we all know that sex sells. it just appears that poker marketers think men are the only customers....that's all.
i would love for more women to be at the poker tables,,,,women are the spice of life,,,,most can lite up a room when they want,,,and they ceritainly lite up my day:)

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I am a woman and play poker and as often as possible I post my comments here in the forum but I suppose that less than 20% of the active members are women.
prob less than that,,,,i agree,,,love ur pic,,lol,,so cool,,lol

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It would be great if we are 20%:)But probably much lower percentage.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps they have slightly different interests. Poker is not one of them.

champyun

champyun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed an increase in women playing here in the South (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma). Most are very good players and are not intimidated in any way.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed an increase in women playing here in the South (Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma). Most are very good players and are not intimidated in any way.
Girl power:D