Low limit vs medium and high limit

M

MimiMLZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

I am used to playing low limit at this moment. Some day, I plan to play higher limits. My question is "Is there any big differences in terms of level of play between low limit and medium and high limit?"

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

if your stack can play more conditioned at higher levels !!! On the other hand, at low levels you play more calmly and when you have a certain amount of money you can go up in level according to your stack.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The low limits will always help you not to spend more than necessary, you realize in certain plays that if you had bet everything you would have been left with nothing believing that you had the best possible hand. This helps you develop your game better and later control the amounts you bet on certain plays. Regards.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In low limits the field is a little easier overall, although many great players about. In medium limits I find everyone pretty much has a pretty solid game. Only played high stakes once live but have watched lots of replays - play is pretty consistent and tough and all seem to change gears often - great poker!

YYfourU

YYfourU

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I buy in for 13$ and start playing 5cent-10cent for 10$ American. Every time I double my stack I move up stakes. By the end I am playing 2$-5$ with the boys. As u move up, playing fields tighten up and bluffing becomes a big part of the game. But calling a bluff can be easier at this level cause it’s all won money, ur not losing nothing but 13$. And taking a shot at some of these pots is well worth it.

E

etouu1979

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is a difference, although I never played very high limits, in the low it is pure chance, almost no technique, tactics or strategy that if it begins to be seen more clearly in medium and high levels

A

Axe1Gold

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your goal in poker? What do you want? Play once in higher stakes? it's just fun for you.

You dont have to think about it in this time.
You have to play more games in one time 5 or 6 tables this could be your next step I think.

Higher level all deferent.

For me Its just fun I play sometimes in Sunday Million next day in 0,25$ 45player sng.

Not an examle to follow....

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely there is big difference. As you go up the levels players become better and more aware how to play properly. While simple good basic strategy may be enough to crush low levels it will definitely not be enough at higher levels. Opposite is also true - very complex moves frequently will not work well at low levels as players there simply will not behave as you expect.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not only is there a huge difference in skill level, but you also have to think about the affects a higher buy-in game would have on you as a player and your decision making.

lets say you have a $100 bankroll and play $1 mtts.. Then you play a $20 mtt, how can you make the proper decisions and adjustments at a table when you have 20% of your bankroll at stake when you normally have 1% at stake? you probably can't and you're basically setting yourself up to fail.