Losing big flips/Coming back to poker

B

babaji

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I know that occasionally we all go through what we call Bad Beats and for the most part they are, but we cannot ever control how a donkey will call with any two cards to bust you out especially if they have a bigger stack than you.
So I was refining my game because somewhere I had missed something crucial.
I came back to Poker because my cousin asked me to play in the home games and it was fun for a while but I really just wanted to get back into the MTT action.
Within 2 weeks of coming back to pokerstars I won the $16.50 $12K for a nice $3,146 dollars within the next 9 days I reached 8 final tables because I was in my bliss and on a heater.
I noticed that I stopped playing scared poker and played hands to there strength and that is key to going deep in tournaments.
I have since busted out/bubbled quite a few final tables when big flips require a win to cement that final table bid.
I analyzed my play and saw that I needed to work on Position Play and also Pot Control and am refining that in freerolls surviving the all ins, donkeys and found it is working for me so it's time to hit the real money Mtts again and see if what I have learned has sunk in.
Wishing you all a wonderful poker experience, always remembering why you started playing in the first place.....because Poker is a fun.
Cheers Babaji

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GG and GL to you and don't be scared "all the best is yet to come"

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think you are better off playing buy-in tournaments because you are lucky and can play on Stars and have a bankroll you are not worrying about being seized or otherwise absconded with unlike us American players.
After reading your post I would caution that there is not only "Tilt" but there is also "Winners Tilt" which I have seen over and over. After winning it seems a lot of player become more wild loose and outright ridiculous in their play that is "Winners Tilt" and you can blow everything you win and more, so after your wins I would make a conscious effort to keep your play in check. Good luck play well and win. :)