Lose worthily at poker

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In many games we have had to lose with different hands and even with a high, going all-in with a high pair and losing it would cause you more anger than losing with a less strong hand?

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently I progressed so much with tilt resistance.Before it could get me and i'd immediately stop playing and take a break, now it doesn't affect me this much. For instance I was playing a freeroll yesterday and really deep, the pushed my blind and I defended, the flop comes straight and this guy bets the pot. shortly after we go all in and all he has is a pair and I am 97,5% favorite. And what do you know this guy catches runner runner and makes a full house. I lost 80% of my stack and got eliminated shortly after, it did dissappoint me a bit but before I could get really angry.

A

Alexandr_Gazarov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate losing when I have no sticks left for icos, this is what I hate, and with which pair I won or lost, it doesn't matter. The main thing is that I enjoy the game.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
friend, I am champion in losing with AA in my hand and the opponent makes two low pairs and beats me.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Recently I progressed so much with tilt resistance.Before it could get me and i'd immediately stop playing and take a break, now it doesn't affect me this much. For instance I was playing a freeroll yesterday and really deep, the pushed my blind and I defended, the flop comes straight and this guy bets the pot. shortly after we go all in and all he has is a pair and I am 97,5% favorite. And what do you know this guy catches runner runner and makes a full house. I lost 80% of my stack and got eliminated shortly after, it did dissappoint me a bit but before I could get really angry.
I think I witnessed that hand, did they have J5o and hit the jack on flop?

Then 5 then jack?

Was pretty gross!

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I witnessed that hand, did they have J5o and hit the jack on flop?

Then 5 then jack?

Was pretty gross!
It was last saturday cardchat 100$ freroll when some fool shared a password and 2300 players swarmed in. This guy had A10 and hit a top pair on the flop, I reraised him but he wen't all in anyway. The turn and the river crushed me with another A10 coming. I got placed 103 and 0,14$ prize money.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It was last saturday cardchat 100$ freroll when some fool shared a password and 2300 players swarmed in. This guy had A10 and hit a top pair on the flop, I reraised him but he wen't all in anyway. The turn and the river crushed me with another A10 coming. I got placed 103 and 0,14$ prize money.
Aha, so it wasn't the hand I witnessed, just a carbon copy...

I saw someone flop the straight and lose to J5 runner runner boat.

It's a cruel game we play! :laugh:

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aha, so it wasn't the hand I witnessed, just a carbon copy...

I saw someone flop the straight and lose to J5 runner runner boat.

It's a cruel game we play! :laugh:
Very true! But if people are putting themselves in these underdog situations it gives me chance to get deep. At least it's what I am saying to myself to not go crazy after such badbeats :D:D:D

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Very true! But if people are putting themselves in these underdog situations it gives me chance to get deep. At least it's what I am saying to myself to not go crazy after such badbeats :D:D:D
Just focus on how far ahead you were when you got it in... :wink:

You don't mind losing when you've got 80-90%+ equity because over the long term you will win waaaay more than you lose. :)

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In many games we have had to lose with different hands and even with a high, going all-in with a high pair and losing it would cause you more anger than losing with a less strong hand?

I'm upset if I make a mistake. Everything else doesn't matter to me. Not always our experience and our skill allows us to win. Good luck is also needed.

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just focus on how far ahead you were when you got it in... :wink:

You don't mind losing when you've got 80-90%+ equity because over the long term you will win waaaay more than you lose. :)
Yep I got over it pretty quickly :) although I get on tilt sometimes when I constantly run bad for like days and days. Oh and I really wanna do well in weekly PS 5k$ knockout tournament but get eliminated being 2 to 1 favorite, it upsets me just a little.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't feel angry while playing poker. Sometimes if I lose I feel a certain frustration but not anger. I just try to be patient and not play with junk, and because of this I usually get only positive emotions.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey!
It annoys me a lot when I lose to a smaller pair with an older pair, for example, I lose 88 with KK, when I get hit by A, or with a straight it's not so annoying

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there are different situations and losing always upsets me. But in general, the game gives me pleasure, so I do not pay attention to temporary difficulties. The main thing for me is my good and thoughtful decisions.

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually, it's completely the opposite for me.:D
When I go all-in with a strong hand, I know that I will win most of the time (and I do), so in general I don't get upset if I lose.
But playing marginal hands, yes, because I think "I need a little luck" ...:D:D

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I'd be mad if they beat me with trash hands.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing with any hand, strong or not, does not cause me any emotions.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi Friend.

I play levels where it's hard for me to break, so it doesn't hurt anymore. :)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker doesn't upset me or make me angry. I'm only annoyed by players who allow themselves to insult others. In general, I never play with junk, and if I lose, I perceive it as neutral.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
friend, I am champion in losing with AA in my hand and the opponent makes two low pairs and beats me.

If you're champion, I'm runner-up. Be smart because I'll end up passing you. lol
In the last week I lost 4 times with AA in hand. It doesn't matter what I do:

I go all-in pre-flop?... I lose!
I bet big pre-flop and later too?... I lose!
Limp?... Lose....

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it's very frustrating when you lose with a strong hand, but in my case, I would not call this moment anger, it's more of a disappointment and the difference between you lost with AA or AJ
not significant and losing is equally unpleasant if you went all-in and lost with a better hand than your opponent !!!

bilva1984

bilva1984

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

and in my case yes, it is a game and if you lose you lose... there is nothing to do. obviously if it's bad it makes you a little angry but hey it's part of the game

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes, I am definitely more upset when losing with a strong hand. There I blame the luck)) But it is also much more satisfactory to win with a weaker hand!))

gigantbil

gigantbil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I often play poker with friends and it happens that he plays his hand very well and this causes respect