Enthusiast
jj aj 52
Do you believe that I still lost to aj with jj
I lost this triple battle:confused::confused:

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Awards
I don't know what's really uncommon about it? Going all in preflop is always a bit of a gambling. My AA wac cracked many times already.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Rock Star
Awards
Yes, I can believe it heh. I do not think there is anyone here that hasn't lost to a two or even one outter on the river before. Or, on the flip side, won a hand that way.

It sucks. Just, 'walk it off' and once you resume play do not let such things affect your play. Do not make the 'tragedy' a double one. You lost a hand that way, sucks. Do not lose more hands because of it.

Papadejro

Papadejro

Rock Star
Awards
On the other hand, today I have been outkicked on the turn, but miracle river gave me 2pair. You never know.

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Awards
This is one of the disadvantages of poker when a strong hand loses to a weak one. But on the one hand, if strong cards will win all the time, then it will no longer be interesting

Luan

Luan

Visionary
Awards
it happens you won't think that top pair is just a thousand wonders and if you don't respect the board with your top pair you'll just be throwing your tournament away, you have to review what was the mistake of playing wrong with jj

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Awards
lol, that's nothing, UTG limps in, I raise my pocket 55 all-in with 12 BB on the FT Bubble, he calls for more than half of his chipstack with 24 of diamonds and makes a straight with my five...

C

CapdeCraniu

Enthusiast
Yes, I would rarely go all-in preflop in tourneys, unless it's on one of the 1st 3 hands in the game, when plenty of ppl gamble with rubbish hands. :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Awards
jj aj 52
Do you believe that I still lost to aj with jj
I lost this triple battle:confused::confused:

Hey, I once busted a $2,500 buy-in live event with AA vs AK vs QQ (allin preflop).

Q right on the flop.

I just said "nice hand" and went home.

If you never lost these types of hands, the math wouldn't be correct. ;)

Just be happy that you made the correct play. :)

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Awards
It happens, but isn't too big of a deal if you acknowledge the math was clearly in your favor and you simply happened to lose this time.

A better exercise is to replay the hand by memory and see if there was a better way you could have played the hand. This was a three-way pot, yes? Maybe you checked somewhere when a bet could have isolated and given you better odds at winning? Perhaps you went all-in (correctly) because you were short-stacked, but then we could examine why we became short-stacked at all.

After this analysis, you realize you still played it well, then delight in the fact that you played well and should win long-term in this +EV spot. Try to focus on only the things within your control; as much as we may want, we can't control how or when our Aces get cracked, or when we were a favorite and get outdrawn. ;)

A

alien666dj

Legend
There are two ways to solve this problem, one is to quit poker, the other is to accept all aspects of the game and move on.