Longest You've Gone Without Poker?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the maximum I stayed was for 1 month and 5 days when I was admitted to a hospital.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't remember ever playing with 4. I think I never played.

Frenzeco

Frenzeco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few months,less than 5 i think

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

I am not sure.....but maybe.....15 minutes

Just about the time to get in another table
Regards

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a few days, been playing pretty steady since 2004.....

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I took a 6 year break between games within the 17 year span that I've been playing.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
My longest break lasted about 3-4 weeks. I had other important things to do and I didn't actually have free time to play.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I am back from a 4-5 months break with online poker.
I did not miss it at all because I made a lot of sport and sometimes I had a live poker table with friends, but it happened only 3 or 4 times in that period.
But the pandemic got worst and now it is not easy to play live poker nor to make sport.
So I am back, trying not to play to much because it is addictive.

Last edited:
M

mortimccarthy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eight years away from online poker 2013-2021 but was playing live poker during this time so my longest spell with no poker would be around six months in between live games over a twenty year period.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
3 months. Didn't played for whole summer.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
When i used to go to Stockholm cruise (quite regularly) then 2 days without a poker were going by fast i should imagine ...

When stayed in Spain i didn't play poker that much either but i'm not sure whether managed to stay like 3+ days without there :dontknow:

L

louis627

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure but I don't let it run my life.
I make a limit on the amount of time I play per week and just stay away for a while if I want to play more.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I took a 3 years break. Right now I play at least once in a month. A grinding session or some fast games, cashgsme, ko tournaments or a zoom session.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years, and during that time, my longest break was about two months.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t remember exactly, but after 2011 I took a break from poker that lasted around 5-6 years.

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the maximum I stayed was for 1 month and 5 days when I was admitted to a hospital.
I didn't play poker for about a month at most when I went to work in another city.:)

nba2009

nba2009

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Good night I once took a break from poker for almost 3 years but I really don't remember the reason I think it was because in Venezuela it is quite difficult to deposit but thank God we are back and forever

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a poker player, I find it good to take a break every so often. This helps to renew energy and return with more enthusiasm. In a year I always rest for 3 months, divided into different seasons. Also I choose a month to review and study all my game. In other words, that period does not count as a pure poker break. So really, I only go 2 months out of the year without playing at all.
Greetings.

F

fifille07

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know how long I've been without playing poker, but I was missing big time playing for real money when I was spending my winters in USA (coming from canada).

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
9 hours sleep commute to work and days work maybe dinner or other breaks = 20 hours roughly the longest I went without poker always play freerolls and micros.
I do take longer breaks from the midstakes though at times.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a poker player, I find it good to take a break every so often. This helps to renew energy and return with more enthusiasm. In a year I always rest for 3 months, divided into different seasons. Also I choose a month to review and study all my game. In other words, that period does not count as a pure poker break. So really, I only go 2 months out of the year without playing at all.
Greetings.

The time period above does not take into account the times when I feel angry, either due to strict gameplay issues or other reasons, which cause me to find myself out of focus. For those occasions I choose a random number from 1 to 10 and the one that is drawn will be the number of days that I will not play, as a punishment for having a negative energy for the game.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
My longest break lasted 2-3 months.
Good luck.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During summer i usually don't play for 1 to 3 months or play very rare as there is just so much other things to do outside when the weather is that good.