Lock in those profits...

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having had a plan of building my poker bankroll up to $2000 before cashing out, I had a change of heart (after a $73 loss at $1/2 Limit last night owing to some mediocre play but mostly just winning only a couple of decent pots in around 200 hands of 6-max Omaha H/L). It's an all-profit bankroll currently, and I want to have something to show for it.
So I'm trying to play smarter... I've cashed out of Stars, and I'm putting that money into Full Tilt.. that will give me a deposit bonus to clear, and additionally I'm signed up for rakeback on the site, rather than having the money at Stars relatively tight tables with no bonus.
The remainder of my cashable money (from Party) I've cashed out to my bank account. So I'm now £50 in profit from my poker playing in terms of what I've put in and taken out, and hopefully Party will be kind and give me yet another no deposit bonus that I can use to build up a bankroll on there again.
This way, if I bust out everything I have in the various bankrolls, I'm clearly in profit, while I'm getting better value on my play from having bonuses in my favour. Hopefully I'll get my bankroll back up to the previous total in short order, while having a little extra in the bank account...

D

Dayne G.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lock-in your decisions and reactions.

premierplayer

premierplayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have fun at FT, just as many tight players since FT allows them to datamine. imo the only good thing about those two sites are tournies.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm down a little from my initial play - I lost badly at one table where I couldn't make a hand... since then I've been working the balance back up to the starting amount... as it happens, the tighter tables is suiting me OK, because even playing Omaha H/L I'm still missing making the low far more than average while rarely making a decent high at the moment, and having sat tight I'm then able to push the others off the pot without a hand.
I don't think it's as tight as Stars, though... the reason for FT being that most of the sites don't have much in the way of Omaha H/L going.
I rather suspect that since I've been getting used to playing short-handed anyway, I'm starting to play more the cards and players responses, and would probably be OK at Holdem anyway, but in the meantime, I'm aiming to get the balance above what I deposited and clear some of the bonus before I start experimenting much on my non-'A' games.
As much as I've read a lot about playing Omaha H/L from different sources, and focussed on that games for over a year now, I'm still learning about where I have leaks - like calling raises with a weak A2 hand to see a flop, rather than forgetting the stake already in and just waiting until I'm not almost definitely against another A2 hand and giving up most of the potential of my hand.
Part of the reason for the change is to take the pressure off, rather than having a fixed time frame and bankroll target... so if I'm tired I'll be happier to not play, rather than put my bankroll at risk. The other is to try to get the maximum bonuses from the sites - which after all is one way to improve profitability.
I'm playing cash games rather than tournies, though... at some point I want to experiment more with the tournament format, but with 3 kids generally don't have time to sit down for a full-size tournament, so it'll probably be mainly SnGs as and when I do.