The Little Things That Make a Huge Difference

Henriquekbnz

Henriquekbnz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys, what was one attitude or mindset that after your realize ,and worked on it ,changed your game and made you more profitable on poker ?

Me i was paying a Lot to see If the opponent was bluffing ir not and that IS a not good thing to do , or your have a good game against this type of players or .. Just fold

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be Open

i try to be open and let the game come to me. Patience. As far as a big bluffer, again be patience and when the time comes go big.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
These differences can occure many times and they might be a small incident or a tiny decision that change the session to the down way or to the up way!

maestro121920

maestro121920

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm just saying i'm lucky before the start of poker grind, copied from Charlie Carrel

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It helped me a lot to see the professionals in their streams, with that I improved my game a lot, if I had a clear base but seeing them play it was like giving me an impulse to create my game more solid and without fear, the reasoning they give in the plays I help a lot:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I have started to play poker I new that I was entitled to win
because I am smart and beautiful.
But then the reality had been cruel and dishonest.

Then I felt entitled to win because I had nice, strong cards in hand.
Well, it did not exactly work that way neither.

Now I realized that I am entitled to win because, wait,
I am not entitled, I have to work hard to achieve my goals,
there seems to be no shortcuts there

Oh, bogger.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't imagine poker without bluffing.But to control the situation at the table to anticipate the outcome of the hand is not given to everyone.And you can pay all your life and never know in what situation the bluff will be in the next hand.The versatility in the game gives you a boost in the game -you are hard to read, so you need to play in a versatile way, attracting all the skills in the game.

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the original post - sometimes we find the one thing that unlocks the floodgates and allows for good things to happen. For me it was more of a mindset adjustment - deciding to play good basics while trusting that the variances would kind of even themselves out in the long run.

Last edited:
FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many different, at first glance small nuances that actually shape our game and our results. I realized that my patience is the basis for my good results. That is why I never hurry, assess risks and play for my own pleasure.

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many different, at first glance small nuances that actually shape our game and our results. I realized that my patience is the basis for my good results. That is why I never hurry, assess risks and play for my own pleasure.

Patience is the key, but so difficult to mainatain in poker

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accepting the variance has made me a more emotionally balanced player, tilt is not that common anymore. I try to play my game and stay alert. Turning off emotions was a big step.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody
Yesterday I read an article on the forum and decided not to forget about what I read while playing in the pokerstars $ 1000 freeroll, in the end I was in the prizes - 24th place out of 300 or so.
Conclusion - discipline, composure, patience are the keys to success.
If anyone is interested:Winning Poker Strategy: Avoiding the Sirens’ Call

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It was getting my mindset into the correct place. While we can learn to bluff or make a great call and do some moves this game is so much more complicated than this. We need to realize when at the table there are 8 other players with different skill levels and playing styles. This game is not cut and past a play and until we realized it I was stuck where I was as a player.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Hi friend.

I was one of those who played with marginal cards, hoping that the flop would help me, that's one of the things that changed and at least now I can cash in Freerolls.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is important to remember that in poker, any information is very important, keep track of your opponents, their moves in the game, what bets and actions were and you will be rewarded for it.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

trust your game !! do not doubt you win and lose but never speculating I mean that if you trust your hand for them ...

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine was not playing so many suited cards, and projects on the flop that seem strong but end up dominated many times, I also improved on not letting my stack of chips decrease by not playing for entering prizes:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

magister1

magister1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A few small things can end up making a big difference.

For me, that was not playing low pocket pairs from early position. I found myself calling down light on flops and getting into trouble later streets with not even 2nd pair.

That let me put more thought into turn/river play where the more costlier mistakes happen.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Paying to see the flop from the small blind. I end up playing crap hands because I got in cheap.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's right, we are constantly gaining experience. But along this path, we experiment in the game against opponents, and within a certain time we come to the right decision against different types of opponents' play. Unfortunately, mistakes cannot be avoided, which leads to a minus from the bankroll.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Accepting its fine to fold top pairs and good combos to find a better spot. I dont always feel like "just because Im in the hand, I have to try to win the pot." Some of my friends have that mindset and I think to point its detrimental.

Ellvira

Ellvira

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys, what was one attitude or mindset that after your realize ,and worked on it ,changed your game and made you more profitable on poker ?

Me i was paying a Lot to see If the opponent was bluffing ir not and that IS a not good thing to do , or your have a good game against this type of players or .. Just fold
hello. I always also pay to see if he is bluffing or not, but I think this is bad, we need to set up the game and be patient

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello, I usually play my game and when they start bluffing a lot against me I understand this, but I do not try to open his bluff in every handout! I wait for a good moment and drag him into a trap letting him bluff, and then take a huge part of his stack! Bluff is an integral part of poker, but not many people know how to bluff qualitatively, but at the same time they bluff a lot, this leads them to lose the stack sooner or later! Watch the professionals play and how they bluff and when they bluff, and then you'll understand what I'm telling you! I want to wish you more patience, discipline and you will succeed! Good luck at the tables!