The limit of your endurance?

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I played pokerstars last few hours last year in small Sit-and-Go tournaments, and when it was time for the CardsChat freeroll, I started playing this freeroll for $ 300, I got a good stack to hit the prize area, but I got tired of the long game and stopped adequately assessing game situations and making rational decisions, as a result, I lost the whole stack a few positions before the prize zone, well, it’s not a loss, I want to assess my chances of playing in long tournaments and ask you to answer how many hours of the game you are in a state to make informed decisions? Sincerely, Sergey.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually 5-6 hours it turns out to play carefully and accurately, if there are no extraneous distractions.
Today from 8.30 to 13.00 I played the ACR freeroll jackpot. there were 867 applications, and I went to 10th place. became a bubble boy. I see that I lost attention and could not get to the final table.
patience and attention in tournaments need to be constantly trained

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use play huge public tournaments when first started and could play all night. After few years it became harder to stay focused for longer ones. Played more private tournaments that lasted 4 to 5 hours.

Went from that too SnG sessions. Some nights I didn't play, bases on a positive mood. If for some reason you can't go all the way, to me it is a waste of time.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally a tournament lasts between 5 and 6 hours, you have to be making good decisions all the time really. Something similar happened to me in a scoop I came in the first places and after 3 hours playing I got tired and started to lose chips in a silly way and when I could have got a top 50 I stayed in a 239 of 17k

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My limit in poker is 5-6 hours. Further, the head does not work. I begin to enter the tilt. Especially if you got stress. Just sometimes there are situations that start to stress. For example, I have KK from another As5d player. In the end, he supports and wins.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello ladies and gentlemen, I played PokerStars last few hours last year in small Sit-and-Go tournaments, and when it was time for the CardsChat freeroll, I started playing this freeroll for $ 300, I got a good stack to hit the prize area, but I got tired of the long game and stopped adequately assessing game situations and making rational decisions, as a result, I lost the whole stack a few positions before the prize zone, well, it’s not a loss, I want to assess my chances of playing in long tournaments and ask you to answer how many hours of the game you are in a state to make informed decisions? Sincerely, Sergey.

My time is limited with 4 kids, so I keep my sessions to 2-3 hrs at night (at the most). This is why, if I want to play an MTT or 2, I will late register as late as possible, so I get to skip the first 2 1/2 to 3 hrs of the MTT. Also, this method translates into a higher ITM %.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 3-4 hours.
But if I play 2-3 hours in the morning, then I can play the same 3+ hours in the evening.
But after 4-5 hours... The mind goes blind(
And usually I take a pause day for getting the desire to play again.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me generally 3 hours is not problem and i can keep focused if i am fresh for even 4 or 5 hours but definitely not more.

A

atcj13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest thing I find helps me is to spend as much of the breaks as possible not thinking about poker. Refill my water, go to the bathroom, wash dishes, maybe take a lap around the house or stretch if I need to.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends only on you, knowing when you are really tired, from there is when you start making bad decisions

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I suffer the same way, fatigue, sleep and I retire because I can only play in the evening and after a day of work the body feels. I have more chances in the week.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am in a tournament and doing good I would try to stay concentrated whether I'm playing for 4 or more hours.

SCOWEN

SCOWEN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try Multiple Tables At Same Time

I found playing a couple of tables (using the PC interface) helped with my patience, I’ve enter a couple of really small stakes tournos whilst playing my main one and it helped keep my brain entertained and balanced the patience element... without and extra screen I found two tables to be the limit of doing well in each :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I usually play poker for 4-5 hours, after which I start to feel tired. But in my opinion, 4-5 hours a day is more than enough to have fun and increase your bankroll.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well, usually the people have the most concentration on something, when it lasts under 6 hours. Everything above leads to mistakes. For me personally it also depends on the time, when I start to play a MTT. If I start it in the afternoon it is better for me than in the later evening. But I also played already 11 hours until 6 o'clock in the morning to win a tourney. This was really exhausting.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, if nothing distracts, then I can play calmly for 3-5 hours, but then it becomes difficult and the game breaks down, especially if the later stages of the tournament already begin.

P

pokerdebit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like 3 to 5 hours
More hours is likely when you dont have hindernis