Life Long Passion

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing poker most of my life. It would seem to me that I would be pretty good at it the truth is I suck at it. I try to to play well but I sometimes lose interest after playing 5 or 6 hour stretches. and with my wife yelling at me, it doesn't help.

Does anyone else have this problem I am referring to my wife.

E

el79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think all of us who have a wife have the problem of the wife, yes, the day you start to earn thousands of dollars the problem will end, while we are in the stage of losers, no one in the family accompanies the EU, it is a game of cards, but if you manage to make a living from it and generate insurance profits, it changes everyone's opinion ... successes

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wifes need attention as every human being, especially when they connected their lifes with you. Make her feel comfortable and beloved.
But they maybe see poker as an addiction rather than a hobby, so its okay to worry. The best would be if they are sharing the same interests but if they don't, for your healthy relationship I must say, don't play poker that much, or play sit-and-goes/cash tables, which not requires that many time like MTTs.
Believe in yourself and your beloved ones, and everything happens for a reason, sometimes its painful, but many times are great as well.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing poker most of my life. It would seem to me that I would be pretty good at it the truth is I suck at it. I try to to play well but I sometimes lose interest after playing 5 or 6 hour stretches. and with my wife yelling at me, it doesn't help.

No, because I don't play for 5 to 6 hr stretches. The best balance I have found is to late reg a few MTTs each day and play out the ones I go deep in. I play on my phone so I can multi task (since I'm only 1 or 2 tabling max), and if I bust in the MTT I'm done. I play around 1hr to 2hrs (if I get deep/FT) per day and I am on pace to win about $6,000 this year.

My wife is happy because I don't treat her like MY wife. I treat her like me.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think all of us who have a wife have the problem of the wife, yes, the day you start to earn thousands of dollars the problem will end, while we are in the stage of losers, no one in the family accompanies the EU, it is a game of cards, but if you manage to make a living from it and generate insurance profits, it changes everyone's opinion ... successes

I know you are trying to help but I disagree. Earning thousands of dollars will not end the problems (it might even creat more). The solution is internal.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wish you success in poker so that your wife can benefit from the money you earn. Come on buddy!
Watch out! Don't let the addiction to playing poker turn your marriage into perdition. Try to find some time to give your wife better attention.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you consider your wife a problem, then you need to see a psychologist immediately.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
guy a tip do not play poker with someone disturbing you or in case your wife yelling at you it totally blurs you from the game!

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

You have a golden wife! She's worried about you! Still, too much passion for poker (or something else) can end up losing a person to society. Cherish the relationship. This is the coolest thing in the world. Except for poker, of course.:cool:

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women are more likely to express happiness, warmth and fear, which helps with social bonding and appears more consistent with the traditional role as primary caregiver, whereas men display more anger, pride and contempt, which are more consistent with a protector and provider role. You should find more time for your wife.
Have a nice day :)

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Little fuzzy on just what is the "life long passion"? Poker, Chuck E Cheese or you're wife?

Last edited:
B

BOMDEBLEF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of value to your wife she is a golden woman