Life happens, rebuild and/or seek backing?

TheSack04

TheSack04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most of you, I'm not a professional poker player. And sometimes life happens and you must do what you need to in order to make it through. I recently had my biggest online score, then a few days later had to have knee surgery after a "graceful" softball moment. I had to withdraw my complete bankroll to cover medical bills and lost wages.

I'm not actively seeking backing right now. I'm more curious about what you guys would suggest. Should I go back to micro mtts and start from scratch? Should I seek backing? What do you guys and gals think?

Last edited by a moderator:
hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rebuild with freerolls by playing as many as you can would be my thoughts on it for backing on CardsChat you would need 75 posts and follow this format in your application.
Handy bit for anyone applying.
1. Relevant poker site username(s), full name if a live event:
2. Reason for the stake:
3. Full value of the stake:
4. Type of stake, single MTT/Cash/Live game/Package:
5. Percentage looking to sell:
6. Cost per %:
7. Any Mark Up :
8. Previous staking history on CardsChat, results, and what makeup if any you intend to pay:
9. Any links to relevant results and references:
10. Means of money transfer:
11. Any other relevant information:

TheSack04

TheSack04

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rebuild with freerolls by playing as many as you can would be my thoughts on it for backing on CardsChat you would need 75 posts and follow this format in your application.
Handy bit for anyone applying.
1. Relevant poker site username(s), full name if a live event:
2. Reason for the stake:
3. Full value of the stake:
4. Type of stake, single MTT/Cash/Live game/Package:
5. Percentage looking to sell:
6. Cost per %:
7. Any Mark Up :
8. Previous staking history on CardsChat, results, and what makeup if any you intend to pay:
9. Any links to relevant results and references:
10. Means of money transfer:
11. Any other relevant information:

Yes I know I'm not active enough on here to apply for backing. I have people who would be willing to back me. I'm just nervous about it. I'm not a fan of being in debt to people. But I'm also not a fan of micro mtts. I've spent a couple years (live and online) building a bankroll to the point where I could play a level I'm comfortable playing, that isn't filled with donkeys. So I guess I'm wondering if anybody had any suggestions or ideas that might help me out. I'm a US player so my options are limited. But freerolls and $1 or $2 mtts are very tilting to me. I'm honestly thinking about not playing for a little while and just depositing a little bit at a time till I've accumulated enough to play somewhere around the $11 mtts.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I know I'm not active enough on here to apply for backing. I have people who would be willing to back me. I'm just nervous about it. I'm not a fan of being in debt to people. But I'm also not a fan of micro mtts. I've spent a couple years (live and online) building a bankroll to the point where I could play a level I'm comfortable playing, that isn't filled with donkeys. So I guess I'm wondering if anybody had any suggestions or ideas that might help me out. I'm a US player so my options are limited. But freerolls and $1 or $2 mtts are very tilting to me. I'm honestly thinking about not playing for a little while and just depositing a little bit at a time till I've accumulated enough to play somewhere around the $11 mtts.

It sounds you have it figured out, I agree with your plan, perhaps study more and improve your game in this time.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should probably opt in on sharkscope.com as you will have to get a minimum amount of tourneys in before one of the stables like Standard Backing or Poccar will consider you.

Some of them will give you free coaching once you qualify and your application is accepted.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I’d suggest building it back up yourself by making a fun challenge of it, setting goals along the way that will help you keep your eye on the long run. While you’re grinding up you’ll have the opportunity to figure out what’s tilting to you about the micros and build an even more solid mental game base for the higher stakes.

Hope your recovery from knee surgery is going well and I wish you the best of luck at the tables! [emoji4]

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First i wish you speedy recovery. If you have reached some level at which you are successful maybe best would be to wait for some time till you have the money needed, deposit and continue playing ta that level. While waiting you can train and eventually play some cardschat freeroll when you qualify for them. They are good tournaments and you can earn some $ for free.